Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Final Itinerary Adalusia (almost) Need your help please!

Final Itinerary Adalusia (almost) Need your help please!

May 21st, 2004, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Final Itinerary Adalusia (almost) Need your help please!

I have almost finalized our 14 night trip to Andalusia mid-September. What do you think? Are we moving around too much? Need some hotel advise too.

Arrive Malaga
Granada ? 2 nights (Casa Morisca or Palacio de Santa Ines or Parador de San Francisco)

Jaen or Ubeda ? 1 night (which Parador)

Cordoba ? 1 night (Amistad Cordoba)

Sevilla ? 3 nights (Las Casas de la Juderia)

Sanlucar de Barrameda ? 2 nights (Posada de Palacio)

Arcos de la Frontera ? 1 night (Parador)

Ronda ? 1 night (Parador) or 2 nights, with a day trip to Gibralta or 1 night in San Roque (where to stay? ) to see Gibralta?

Nerja - 2 nights (Parador)

Thanks in advance. ? Lynne -
May 21st, 2004, 10:03 AM

I don't know if you're moving around too much...it really depends on what kind of traveler you are. We traveled by car through Spain in the Fall of 2002...flew into Madrid, then went north to Bilboa, then a one night in S. France in St. Jean de Luc, then east to Figueres with stopover in Zaragoza, then Barcelona, then Sevilla with stopover in Cuenca, then Arcos De Frontera, then Granada, and back to Madrid...all in 2 weeks.

Anyway, my point for responding to your message was that we could not get into the Parador de San Francisco (which is in the Alhambra); apparently that parador is usually booked a year out. However, at the time the 5-star AC San Paula was having a great deal and so we stayed there.

The Parador in Arcos de Frontera is nice (nothing fancy)...but the nearby church bells rang all night. Maybe get a room away from the bells? But we really enjoyed the town's white-washed buildings and tiny, tiny cobblestone streets (and yes, cars are allowed, although sometimes just one at a time).

We thoroughly enjoyed Sevilla...even though we were there at the end of September it was 85 degrees F. If you get a chance take in a Flamenco show...I think we saw Los Gallos.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

rebecca

Search this Thread