Fez hop-on/off bus in Turkey

Jul 9th, 2001, 10:15 AM
jenny

Fez hop-on/off bus in Turkey

Is anyone familier with the Fez Hop-on/Hop-off bus (www.feztravel.com)? Buses leave from Istanbul every two days for a seven-day itinerary that hits top tourist destinations like Canakkale, Selcuk, Marmaris, Fethiye, Olympos and Cappadocia. The concept is that, if you want to spend more time at a place, you can just wait until the next bus comes in two days.

I'm just wondering if the buses are reliable and nice to travel in.

Jul 9th, 2001, 04:01 PM
Kathy

We are heading to Turkey this fall. I have just emailed a Turkish friend with your questions about Fez Travel. We would also like this information. I'll post again when I hear from her.

Jul 10th, 2001, 02:49 AM
Kathy

Here's part of the reply from my friend in Turkey. She has been in the travel business for many years, has her own tour company and is extremely knowledgeable.

I have checked their web page
I have not heard of Fez Travel I have asked several of my friends they have not heard of them either
But I called them and talked to Ms GUNIZ
She sounded quite assuring
This is more for back packers and staying at camp grounds
it might be worth trying
I asked her what if the bus that you promise does not arrive or leave at the scheduled time she said that will not happen

He can certainly try that but on the other hand Bus services in Turkey are excellent and all you need to do is go to the
Bus station and any where all day long you can get from one destination to another very easily.

Hope this helps.

Jul 10th, 2001, 03:13 AM
Kathy

These are the some major bus companies web-sites that you can check the bus schedules.

www.varan.com.tr
www.ulusoy.com.tr

Jul 10th, 2001, 03:30 AM
Lind

I was in Turkey 3 years ago and my friend and I used the little mini buses to travel around the cities and to go to the ruins at Didyma, Priene & Miletos. It was interesting because people get on and off at different stops and the driver kept track of each passenger and charged according to the distance traveled. He didn't write anything down so he must have estimated the cost. The price is not much and the buses are clean and reliable. You may want to check the Lonely Planet and see if they have any information about the Fez buses. Hope you have a great trip. I love Turkey.