My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Ireland in July for a friend's wedding in Connemara, but plan to do some additional traveling before and after the wedding. We fly into Dublin early on a Tuesday morning, and are planning to spend the first day/night in Dublin (we have to be in Galway by noon on Friday for the wedding festivities). Then, renting a car Wednesday morning on our way out of town. Thinking of spending Wednesday night in Cork and Thursday night in Limerick. So, thoughts are on driving through Kilkenny on the way to Cork (maybe a place to stop for lunch), and then on Thursday, driving to the Dingle peninsula where we'll spend the afternoon/night. Finally, leaving Dingle Friday morning to drive to Galway.
Do you think this is a sensible itinerary? If not, what would you suggest?
We then have 2 nights to do in any part of the country after the wedding - leaving Connemara on Sunday and must be back in Dublin by Tuesday night to catch an early flight back to the States on Wednesday. Any suggestions for where to stay on Sunday and Monday nights would be greatly appreciated!! We'd like to get to Belfast, but not sure if that would be too impossible of a drive or cause us to spend all of our time in the car.
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 3 10 Days in Austria
- 4 Valentine Day Gift for Girlfriend 2018
- 5 bodyweight reduce applications
- 6 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 7 Le Marche Research Help
- 8 Help with Venice Trip?
- 9 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 10 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 11 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 14 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 15 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 16 Greece in end October
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 21 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 22 Favorite London memories
- 23 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 24 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler