Ferry Service from Milazzo to Lipari

Feb 19th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Ferry Service from Milazzo to Lipari

Can anyone advise if they know if the ferry operates between Milazzo to Lipari on Tuesday, September 29, returning from Lipari to Milazzo on Friday, October 2nd? If so, any idea on schedule and if the ferry is hydrofoil or regular ferry? I am having trouble finding out anything on line. The one website that does list the cities, www.ferryontime.com prompts you to contact them, but I could not get in touch using their list phone number and they did not return my email request for information. Can anyone help?

Much appreciated

JS
Feb 19th, 2015, 05:00 PM
kja

As I recall, that information was covered in the Rough Guide I used when I planned my time in Sicily, but it was a long time ago, so I don't know if the current Rough Guide covers it (although it usually does) or how current the information would be. Sorry I can't be of greater assistance....
Feb 19th, 2015, 05:20 PM

It would seem to be too early to search timetables that will go into effect after the 2015 summer season.

Ustica Lines gives no timetable info for that route after September 10, but you can look at the current winter timetable which is in effect from September 11, 2014, to June 19, 2015. I assume the schedule for next September will be similar.

http://www.usticalines.it/en/

http://www.usticalines.it/en/dettaglio_porto.asp
Feb 19th, 2015, 05:58 PM

I did this trip both ways in Sept/Oct 2014. There are very frequent ferries/hydrofoils between Milazzo and Lipari. About every hour or even more frequent. There are 2 companies that do the trip, Ustica Lines and Siremar. You can just show up and get on.

Search this Thread