I've been reading a lot of the questions and even though they are similar to mine, I haven't yet found exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm planning an anniversary trip in September to Greece for 10 days,and 4 days in Florence, Italy. Before anyone freaks out, let me tell you that I've already done an Italy tour for a month and seen cities at a week at a time so the reason the Italy part is so short is because I've already been to Florence closer to 2 weeks and LOVED it so much, that I can't go all the way to Greece without having a few days in Florence!
My question is:
We arrive in Athens and I thought to spend a day or 2 there. We're mainly going for the beaches, sun and romantic sunrise at Santorini, etc.
Then I was hoping to see Crete, Santorini, Mykonos and Rhodes. But I hear 10 days isn't enough for all the islands. For some reason I really have my heart set on Crete and Santorini. What do you think?
From Athens, should we go to Santorino first or Crete? Keep in mind we want to take a ferry over to Italy. Which port is the closest in Greece to our destinations that goes to Italy?
Also for Florence, is Ancona port better or Venice? Which is closer and cheaper to get to Florence? Is it one train ride away?
Thank you so much in advance. I really do need some help to get organized!
I really appreciate it
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO @ Password ReSet CONTACT 1:888:260:2909 YAHOO Tec*h 24\7 care
- 2 The World's Greatest Churches
- 3 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 4 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 7 Portugal
- 8 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 9 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 12 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 13 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 14 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 15 Malaga Christmas lights
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Scotland ideas
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 20 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 21 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 22 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 London vacation rental agency
- 25 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.