I am planning on taking the ferry from Frederikshavn to Göteburg in April. I've seen the StenaLine schedules... ouch. I cannot leave so early as 14:00, because I'm actually going to Frederikshavn to visit (doing Genealogy research). The fact that there is a ferry to Sweden is oh-so-convenient. We are not going to Göteburg to see it; it will be a stopover en route to Stockholm.
My question is, if we're getting in at 23:00, where would be the best place to stay? I can't find much information about the station, and I don't want to be trying to find the metro in the dark, only to find out it isn't running, and then flagging down a cabbie. I haven't always had the best luck with stations in this way....
Also, someone (8 years ago though) mentioned that there was a fast ferry. Can't find anything about this. Any ideas?
Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL MAIL 1:844:3O7:279O pASSWORD RESET AOL Tec*h CONTACTrk
- 2 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 3 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 4 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 5 First time in Spain
- 6 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 7 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 8 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 9 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 12 Barcelona to Malaga
- 13 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 16 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 17 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 18 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 19 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 20 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 21 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 22 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 23 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 24 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)