We need to travel from England(Ashford or Dover) to Calais, France, where we will pick up a rental car.
The Eurostar only runs ONCE a day from Ashford to Calais, at 7:35AM.
The ferry runs every hour or so from Dover, upon which we would be foot passengers.
Has anyone done either of these? Preference?
We will have a rental car that we will need to return before heading to Calais, France. I am concerned the 7:35am(Eurostar) departure doesn't leave us enough time. On the otherhand I am concerned the ferry terminal is inconvenient and overall more difficult.
Your input is very appreciated...3 1/2 weeks to trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga Christmas lights
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Croatia in mid/late October
- 6 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 7 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 8 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 9 Help with Venice Trip?
- 10 Dubrovnik
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 15 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 16 Norte Dame light show!
- 17 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 18 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 19 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 10 Days in Austria
- 22 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 23 Greece in end October
- 24 Champagne Tours
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017
Ferry from Dover to Calais OR Eurostar from Ashford to Calais?