Ferries from Croatia to Italy, HELP!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We want to go to Croatia (DUBROVNIK) spend 2 weeks there and then go over to Italy. Any ideas of what to see in Croatia and how to get over to Italy from Dubrovnik. Talking May/June time. Thanks
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 07:14 AM
rex

The definitive web site for all kinds of ferry info is www.youra.com - - for quite specific answers on Italy-Croatia travel simply search "ferries and Croatia" here on this forum. Steve James and Wayne have provided detailed answers to similar questions repeatedly here.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 08:37 AM

With a search you should also find trip reports from Crazy Mina and Grasshopper, both of which are full of good info. I too am researching Croatia for a possible trip in fall. There is a recent long thread "Ah Croatia" that should give you some answers to your question.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 08:59 AM

The Croatian ferry line schedules can be seen on www.jadrolinija.hr Most of the ferry sailings are overnight, Dubrovnik to Bari. Ferries are fine , there is a list of agents you can book through on the web site or you can book directly with Jadrolinija. We have crossed several times between Split and Ancona, no problems. Have a great trip, Croatia is wonderful.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 08:59 AM

There is Jadroljnia and Adriatica that connect Croatia to Italy, as far as I know. There must me some other company that has a fast connection though...
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 09:34 AM

There is a fast ferry from Split to Ancona, sorry can't remember the name but I do know they have a very limited schedule and I believe they only start sailing in mid June. Another ferry line out of Split is SEM.
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 04:07 PM

I tried and tried to get information on faster water connections. Try SEM. The problem is that most of them don't start running until late June.