Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Ferries/Boats from Lubeck to Denmark/Sweden

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 10:02 AM
Gayle

I will be traveling by train to Lubeck from Hamburg this June and wanted to continue on to Denmark or Sweden. Is there a web site that shows ferry/boat/ship lines that go North from Lubeck? Is Lubeck the city to go from via boat or another German city. All help is appreciated.
Thanks

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 02:54 PM
Rex

This is pretty dated info, but I used a ferry between Rodby (DK) and Puttgarden (DE) about 6 years ago, and the basic info was in my Thomas cook reail guide. I wouldn't trust it from that long ago, but the company was called DSB/Scandlines. You might try writing to Ben Haines for further info, since he always seems to have an up-to-date copy of the Thomas Cook guide.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 04:51 PM
Iowa_Al

Gayle,
According to the information I received from the Danish Tourist Board this year, the ferry from Puttgarden, Germany to Rodby, Denmark is still running. It is listed as a Scandlines boat. Scandlines web site www.scandlines.com .
Just took a quick look at the Scandlines web site. Lots of departure times.
Hope this helps. Have a great trip!!

Iowa_Al

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 07:26 PM
Putney

True on the above ferry info, but in case you didn't know, the bridges are now built and you can drive to sweden now.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 08:16 PM
Rex

The "bridge(s)" may be open - - but not directly from Germany. From Lubeck, it is clearly faster to take the Puttgarden-Rodby ferry to get to most places in Denmark and Sweden also.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 11:34 AM
topper

to the top, for Gayle