Lucerene Mountain villages

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to stay in a mountain village around Lucerene. Can you please suggest some names?

I am planning to make a 2 nights stay in Lucerene and want to spend atleast one of these nights in a mountain old village which can give an authentic Swiss experience.

i will be travelling around 19-22nd Aug15.

Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 7th, 2015, 10:59 AM

Engelberg is the only mountain town within easy reach of Lucerne - home to Mt Titlis - and an Alpine Wonderland of your dreams - about an hour by train from Lucerne.

But these mountain villages are hardly an 'authentic Swiss experience" but one with lots of tourists and in season winter sports enthusiasts - but yes it will be the Switzerland of your dreams fulfilled only in such Alpine Wonderlands.

Take the neat revolving cable car up to Mt Titlis and a Top of the World look and feeling.

I would consider doing it as a day trip too - relocating always takes more time than you think.

https://www.google.com/search?q=enge...=1600&bih=1075

The Jungfrau Region is even more awesome and has several such villages but it takes about 3-4 hours each way from Lucerne to get to them - better go to Engleberg.

Check www.swisstravelsystem.com for more on Engleberg and Mt Titlis - for info on Swiss trains and lake boats - be sure to do a lake boat trip from Lucerne and you could combine it with a visit to Engleberg - taking a boat to someplace like Stans and joining the Engleberg train there - lots of info on the area transports: www.ricksteves.com and www.budgeteuropetravel.com.
Old Aug 7th, 2015, 12:52 PM

Mt Titlis is Lucerne's own Alp and you can take a boat to Alpnahcstad then a thrillingly steep railway to the summit then a cable car down the other side to suburban Lucerne. But there are no cute Alpine villages there - just a solo mountain without nearly the Alpine Wonderland that awaits you in Engelberg.

Just a high up observation place but fun - think there may be a hotel up there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mt+p...=1600&bih=1075
Old Aug 7th, 2015, 01:50 PM

PalenQ You are talking about Pilatus from Alpnachstad not Titlis, for Titlis you need to go to Engleberg and then take the cable car.
Old Aug 7th, 2015, 01:50 PM

PalenQ You are talking about Pilatus from Alpnachstad not Titlis, for Titlis you need to go to Engleberg and then take the cable car.