Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Feedback on this flight: Rome-Madrid for 95 euros; website is edreams, airline is Air Plus Comet

Search

Feedback on this flight: Rome-Madrid for 95 euros; website is edreams, airline is Air Plus Comet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd appreciate your input on getting from Italy (preferably Rome but open to other suggestions; will be in either Naples area or Rome at this stage of my trip) to Madrid in early June. Been checking budget airlines and "regular" airlines. Ryan Air flies Rome-Valencia for a very good price, but I prefer to get all the way to Madrid. This is the best I can find, but I am not familiar with either edreams.com or Air Plus Comet. I checked out the airline website (in Spanish and mine is not too great) and it seems fine, but would appreciate any current feedback and any other suggestions on getting to Spain.

Thanks so much
Annabelle
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 03:27 PM

Annabelle2,
I have no experience with Air Plus Comet, nor have heard of them, however hopefully someone on this board may have some input.

I just did want to point out that while Ryan Air is great, well known, good budget airline, you'll most likely have to connect through the UK. Air Comet sounds Spain based, since website in Spanish...my assumption, therefore with them you'll most likely get a nonstop or a more enroute stop and to the city of your choice, Madrid. Unless you get major negative responses on them or even none at all, I'd give them a try. If you do, please report back and let us know. Happy travels.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 03:35 PM

Ryanair doesn't do connecting flights, and they do lots of flights that do not go through the UK. This is a straight nonstop between Rome and Valencia.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 04:02 PM

I just booked a flight for my daughter Barcelona-Rome for 70E on Vueling.com. You could then fly from Barcelona to Madrid on Vueling. No direct to Madrid from Rome on this airline. They have great rates and are very dependable.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for responding; the Ryan air is non-stop to Valencia, as WillTravel said, and at approx. 30 euros a better price, but getting directly to Madrid works out logistically better for me so I may just go for it. The price seems to be the best I have found...
Thanks; any other ideas on airlines I may be missing is appreciated.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 04:18 PM

Annabelle2,
For 30 euros I'd go with the nonstop to Madrid, I'm assuming Air Comet does it nonstop...otherwise if you have to connect, that would make me think about the cheaper nonstop flight on Ryan Air to Valencia and land trans to Madrid....timewise close to a wash. Good luck with it, again report back. Happy travels.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 04:44 AM

I read quite a bit on online travel forums and blogs and the word on eDreams is not great, has not been great for a while...Buyers Beware. Another one that had a horrendous reputation-- cheapoair.com. I stayed away from those to avoid getting tempted.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
8 year old thread. Looks like i9t was spamtopped.