About visa !!!!! Please advice !!!!

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About visa !!!!! Please advice !!!!

me and my mom visited France , but overstayed 12 days after the visa expired just because my mom was ill , because of cold . We have proof of doctor slip from french doctor that my mom was ill . So i want to ask will there be a rejection of visa if i apply for visitor visa for France , and one more problem when we were leaving the airport the man working on airport circled the date on my visa ....please tell me that can i apply for visitor visa again for France and to any other schengan country also !! or there will be problem ! and if there will be problem, whats the solution of it ,
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 12:45 AM

Raju - no need to repost, click your name to see your old post.

You should talk to your consulate about this as you need proper official advice that people on a chat board really can't offer you...
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:24 AM

Your own embassy and consulate don't give advice about immigration questions relating to other countries and regions, and don't generally want to advise on their own law either. What you should do is to contact a competent immigration advisor. Often you get cheap or free initial advice, on the phone or through email. Any further actions will have to be paid for. Best source of advice is from those working in your country of origin, who have experience with Schengen consulates that issue visas for you.

My own feeling is, since you have had a compassionate ground for overstaying, it should not prevent you from getting another Schengen visa. Make sure you enclose full explanation of what happened, and supporting evidence such as doctor's notes.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:23 AM

We can tell you anything you want - but that doesn't mean it's going to be true. You need to consult the embassy you have to get the visa from. And I would not be at all surprised if they refuse to give you one.

Certainly a medical emergency might be a reason to overstay a visa - but that should have been noted when you left France. Instead you said that your overstay was noted - so I think you most likely have a problem.

And I can;t imagine that a cold is a valid reason to overstay. Accident/injury or heart attack yes - but a cold???? And it wasn't even you - but your mother. You could have gone home on time and she followed.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanx for the reply this incident is was of before five year that time I was 16 , I was a young boy okk and can't leave my mom alone while she was ill !!!!
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:42 PM

Yes, but it appears that French Immigration didn't look at it that way - or why did that make a note and circle the fact that you overstayed?

You really need to contact them for correct info - we are only guessing.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Original Poster

okay i will ! thanx
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 01:37 AM

It just happened to a friend of mine (who extended for a long time) and she just got her new visa from the consulate in less than 2 weeks....