I've searched the forum and have seen some mention of the east part of Rome, particularly between the Colosseum and the Lateran area, is less safe than a little bit west (and where the more expensive hotels are). However, I also saw some mention that the area may have gotten "safer" in the past several years. I am seeking some feedback on that area, and specifically, the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 (preferably from fodorites who've been there in the recent past). While my partner and I have lived in Washington D.C. and are aware of being mindful about ourselves and belongings and associated safety precautions when walking city streets, we'd rather not have to be so concerned when we're on vacation. (I do realize that theft is very common in Rome, particularly on certain buses and trains and so we will be attending to our surroundings....but I'd just like to be able to walk around on the blocks around our hotel without being on "high alert" so to speak. ) I hope this makes sense.
Bottom line: What are your opinions of the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 in Rome?
Thanks so much in advance. I've posted here just once before and received so much valuable feedback. This forum and its posters are wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 Family vacation
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 6 paris to london- day trip
- 7 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 8 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 9 South of France
- 10 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 14 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 15 which language school in Italy?
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 18 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 19 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 20 GTG Paris December 2017
- 21 Dubrovnik
- 22 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 23 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 24 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 25 Driving