Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Feedback about hotel choices (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/feedback-about-hotel-choices-192929/)

sally p. Sep 29th, 2001 08:15 PM

Feedback about hotel choices

Anyone know anything about the Hotel Gregoriana in Rome or the Loggiato Serviti in Florence? We have reservations at both but only know what we've read in books...

nancy Sep 30th, 2001 03:27 AM

sally, <BR>sorry , can not help you on either. <BR>My experience of italy is so limited :( <BR>But, hopefully not for long!! :-) <BR> <BR>Both of these hotels have been mentioned here on fodor's before. <BR>An easy way (if it works) to get different opinions besides asking, <BR>is to do a TEXT SEARCH here. <BR>Just type in the name of the hotel in that little Text Search box at top of this page. <BR>Enter, then wait for a while, it loads slowly. <BR>If it works correctly, it will pull up ever post mentioning the hotel <BR>(and then some ) <BR>Not everyone who posts, becomes a regular, and this way, you can retrieve posts from recently to way back. <BR> <BR>Good luck on your search. <BR>And have FUN on your trip!

Mustangs81 Sep 30th, 2001 03:33 AM

Nancy, Thanks for your reply to Sally. It was nice and helpful. You could have flamed her.

sally p. Sep 30th, 2001 05:37 AM

Nancy- thanks for the advice. I tried it but nothing happened. Since you inferred it doesn't always work I will try again later. Again, thank you.

sally p. Sep 30th, 2001 05:46 AM

Nancy-did get it to work but message came up that no information was found. (On either hotel) But thanks for the tip, anyway. Will keep looking...

Betsy Sep 30th, 2001 05:59 AM

Hi Sally <BR> <BR>I typed Hotel Loggiato Serviti into the text search box and then in the subject search box scrolled down and highlighted Italy. There was one response, but it may be helpful to you. Another thing you could do is type Florence Hotels into the subject search box and then highlight Italy in the subject search box. <BR> <BR>Reviews of the Serviti are usually good. Have not heard of the Gregoriana, but you could search similarly. <BR> <BR>Buon viaggio

Betsy Sep 30th, 2001 06:00 AM

Oops, that should read "type Florence Hotels into the TEXT SEARCH box."

xxx Sep 30th, 2001 07:14 AM

Sally, Nancy implied, you inferred. Thought you'd like to know.

Phooey Sep 30th, 2001 07:19 AM

To xxx, Sally asked a travel question and did not ask for a spelling lesson. You and other pompous anes think you are all superior and make the newbies wonder what sort of people you really are.

xxx Sep 30th, 2001 07:33 AM

Dear Phooey, I wasn't commenting on Sally's spelling. She used the word incorrectly. Hope this clarifies things. By the way, I'm not familiar with "anes," but I hesitate to suggest that it's a misspelling. I'm afraid that you might be irritated. All the best, xxx

candice Sep 30th, 2001 03:17 PM

Sally, My husband and I will be in Italy in a couple ofweeks, staying in Florence at the Montebello, and at the Gregoriana in Rome.The reason we are staying at the Gregoriana is because of the great reviews we have gotten from my husbands clients.Everyone loves this place and goes back year after year! That is why you have to make reservations so far in advance.The decor is supposed to be great, there are a few rooms with terraces, we got one, on a courtyard to avoid noise.They don't have a restaurant but do serve breakfast-in your room! Now who can say no to that?? If I am going before you, I would be happy to write and let you know how we like it.If not~have a great time~

deb Sep 30th, 2001 03:28 PM

Dear Mustangs81 & xxx, <BR> <BR>Go away! If you don't have anything appropriate to contribute then SHUT UP!! I've been planning my trip for over 6 months and I honestly don't think it would have taken so long if I didn't have to scroll through dribble like yours in order to find very useful info most people post. <BR> <BR>DFW 9/30/01

Mustangs81 Sep 30th, 2001 04:58 PM

Deb, Your reply that targeted me was unwarranted. I was complementing a genuine and helpful reply to the original poster in view of all the abuse (like yours) that has been going this forum of late. Either you miss read my reply or you are contributing the to abuse on this forum.

frank Sep 30th, 2001 06:43 PM

mustang-having read this a couple of times-I do not see anywhere that you had any answer for the question posted.Are you there to keep everyones spelling and grammer correct, to be annoying ,or do you have anything constructive to say re:Sally's question about Hotels? if not-do the rest of us a favor, and go annoy someone else~~~~~~~

Mustangs81 Sep 30th, 2001 07:29 PM

Whoa, what's going on here!! I didn't correct or even mention anyone's grammar. I made a "short and positive" comment about how nice it was that Nancy was helpful instead of spiteful. What's wrong with you people??? There is so much flaming on this forum for things like "not being specific in their title" so I was glad that someone gave Sally a kind response. <BR> <BR>My god, with some of the crap that's being posted here and you are jumping on me for praising a postive interaction! <BR> <BR>I have never been hateful to anyone the 4 years that I have asked for help or offered help on this forum and I am very hurt that these comments are being made. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

pony Sep 30th, 2001 07:40 PM

Mustang, my little filly, don't let them get to you. They always have someone they pick on.

Patti Oct 1st, 2001 05:55 AM

Hi Sally, <BR> <BR>Since you might like an answer to your actual question...I believe Loggiato dei Serviti is listed in the Rants and Raves section of this website. <BR>Patti