Reload this Page >

February weather in France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 07:54 AM
Julia

I'm taking my husband to Paris for February and wondering about the weather. I LOVE the city - a little curious about what the weather will be like at that time? Romantic getaway!

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Peg

I've been to Paris in Feb twice (last two years). I was very lucky to experience cold, (not freezing) sunny weather. Extremely pleasant for walking and seeing the sites. However, no amount of historical data will be able to predict what the weather will be like when you are there. Could be freezing and rainy every day. People who plan for June and July for pleasant weather have often been cold and disappointed! There is just no guarantee. You will have a marvelous time whatever the weather, dining in front of the fire in a cozy bistro, strolling hand in hand by the Seine and snuggling under the fluffy quilts at night! Have a fantastic time! I plan to be there, too.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 08:20 AM
Mr. Go

Paris is an absolute must-see, but Feb. may not be the best time of year to see it IMHO. I'm thinking Kauai. That's pretty romantic, too.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 08:26 AM
Minnywall

My husband & I are spending an anniversary in Paris in Feb. I know weather might not be ideal, but I figure it will give us more excuses to drink hot chocolate and linger in the museums!

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 09:15 AM
elvira

Over the last several years, and several February trips to Paris: cold and sunny; cold and rainy; cold and slushy. <BR> <BR>When it's cold and sunny, walk along the Seine, through Luxembourg Gardens, along the Champs Elysees, through the small streets of Montmartre, through Pere Lachaise. When it's cold and rainy, visit the museums like Jacqueumart, Cognac-Jay, Zadkine, Louvre and Carnavalet; have hot chocolate at Angelina's. When it's cold and slushy, visit the museums like d'Orsay and Marmatton; eat hearty food at an Alsatian restaurant; stay in a hotel that has a fireplace in the lobby or in your room.