Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   FCO Connection Time: LHR to FCO on Alitalia and then FCO to JFK on EuroFly (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/fco-connection-time-lhr-to-fco-on-alitalia-and-then-fco-to-jfk-on-eurofly-677816/)

thinkmink Feb 7th, 2007 09:53 PM

FCO Connection Time: LHR to FCO on Alitalia and then FCO to JFK on EuroFly

Need help in choosing a LHR to FCO flight. We want to take an Alitalia flight that lands in FCO at 1pm. We will have to clear immigration, collect our check-in bag and then re-enter the secure area for the EuroFly flight to JFK at 2:50pm.
My question is 1hr and 50mins enough to make this connection? Will both of our flights be in the same terminal? Any help is greatly appreciated !

Steve_James Feb 8th, 2007 12:59 AM

Hi Mink - What happens if Alitalia are an hour late?

Always a risk ...

Steve

ira Feb 8th, 2007 02:27 AM

Hi TH,

110 min is cutting it close?

Will your luggage be checked through or will you have to collect it and recheck it?

((I))

alanRow Feb 8th, 2007 03:13 AM

I'd be asking questions like "what time does checkin for Eurofly close", "do they have fast bag drops", "do they have online check-in".

Personally I think you run a high risk of missing your flight & it's unlikely that Eurofly will give you any assistance - except to buy a VERY expensive ticket for their next flight

thinkmink Feb 8th, 2007 03:07 PM

thx for the replies guys !
we will have just 1 check-in bacg but there won't be any through check-in I guess as these are 2 different tickets. Looks like we will need to think of another flight.
There is a BA flight that lands at 12.35pm. I suppose 2hr and 15mins (i.e. 135mins) is ok?? Also, the eurofly home page at eurofly.it says that BA is a partner .. any ideas what this partnership actually translates to? thx again!

Weadles Feb 8th, 2007 03:50 PM

I agree with the others, but why do you need to fly out of FCO instead of Heathrow for a flight to JFK?

janisj Feb 8th, 2007 04:03 PM

Me too -- WHY are you traveling to FCO to get to JFK??

Just seems totally unnecessary. Plus Alitalia is NOT the most reliable/on-time airline. Being on two different tickets means you have absolutely no protection and walk-up tickets will cost a fortune.

What is the point of this detour?

LoveItaly Feb 8th, 2007 04:26 PM

Hi thinkmink, are you thinking of flying to FCO as taking EuroFly to JFK will be less expensive than flying from LHR to JFK on say BA? If that is the case it would have to be a very large savings for me to plan flying home the way you are thinking of.

But maybe you have another reason?

thinkmink Feb 8th, 2007 04:40 PM

i missed the reason for the detour in my original post. i got the eurofly spl JFK-FCO (came couple of weeks back) that put each roundtrip ticket at $368 incl. tax. we (me and my wife) are traveling going to rome first, then to zurich and then to london to visit family there. these 2 flights are for our way back to home.
i have everything settled other than the London-FCO flight .. hence the post.