It's good to be posting again after a hiatus - I hope you are all well!
We just booked our 9th trip to Italy (second with both boys along for the fun), and will be flying out of FCO in Rome. Here's the quandary. Normally, with an 11:15am departure out of FCO, I'd spend the final night of the trip in our beloved apartment steps from the Pantheon and take an early taxi to the airport. *However*, we will have rental cars on our hands (two of them, as the grandparents are joining us). We will be driving in from the Assisi-area on Sunday, 7 June, and need to spend the night somewhere near FCO. Then return the cars in the morning on the 8th, check in for flights, and depart at 11:15am. So while we love, love, love historic Rome, it doesn't seem to fit practically into this trip.
Suggestions for where to stay that's close to FCO (and easy to navigate early on a Monday morning)? Our sons will be 2 and 4 years old, respectively. We have visited Ostia Antica a couple times but I didn't see much in the way of accommodations in the town. I believe there is a beach somewhere close but don't know how nice it is, how the accommodations are, nor how the drive to FCO would be in the morning.
Budget - 250E or less per room, preferably, and I'd love to come in under since this is just a short overnight stay. Apartments are always a plus with young kids, but I'd be surprised if anyone wanted to rent for one night only. We don't need a quad room - we do 2 doubles when staying in hotels.
Many Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO @ Password reset Contact 1888~482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt care 24by7
- 2 9 day trip to France
- 3 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 4 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 5 Arezzo - how much time?
- 6 Where to See Flamenco
- 7 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 8 [Movie-HD]~Watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) FULL Streaming 1080p
- 9 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 10 Keukenhaf
- 11 Netherlands- Texel
- 12 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 13 ICELAND : EAST & NORTH
- 14 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 15 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 16 Sleep at Heathrow
- 17 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 18 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 19 2 week May trip with kids
- 20 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 21 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 22 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 23 Rail vs. Plane
- 24 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 25 London: Stunning New American Embassy