FCO Airport to hotel suggestions?

May 16th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Beth

FCO Airport to hotel suggestions?

This June, we are staying Rome at Albergo del Sole al Biscione which offers a car sercvice from the airport at the cost of 47,00 ?uro, is this cheaper than a taxi - any other suggestions - we are arriving around 9pm.

May 16th, 2002, 07:08 AM
Diane

Leaving for Italy domani! I booked a car service from recommendations on this site: limoservicerome.com -- 37E from airport to hotel. I heard a taxi was about $45 US, similar to your car -- I like the idea of having a car booked "just in case". Last year, returned from Jamaica to JFK -- waited on the taxi line for over an hour -- don't want to do that again.

May 16th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Kathy

I used the car service for my hotel and the bill came to 45 Euros. It seemed to be a fair rate, given that the ride was about 45 minutes (in traffic). After traveling for over 16 hours, it was nice not to worry about finding a taxi with a meter. Our driver had a sign with my name on it and met us right outside of customs. Very convenient.

BTW-I got into Rome around 4pm. Since you're arriving at 9pm, a taxi might charge an additional fee for evening service.

May 16th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Giovanna

Limoservice ([email protected]) works very well. Since you are arriving at 9:00 (our arrival was a little later) you will pay 37 Euro + 20% for late arrival. I sent my e-mails attention Andrea, received prompt replies and entire transaction was flawless.

Driver waiting, holding a card with our name on it. Mercedes sedan. Pleasant ride to our hotel.

May 16th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Fred

Unless you are an experienced traveller in Italy, I would always recommend a car service on arrival in Rome. Think about it: You've just just arrived after a long flight, sometimes as much as 16 hours and you are tired, wife is cranky cuz she didn't sleep on the plane and you did, speak very little Italian, etc, etc. Then you have the prospect of a crowded sweaty train ride to Termini, whereupon you have to take a taxi ride to your lodging anyway, Welcome to Rome!! Even if the cost were significantly higher, I would always reccomend the car service over the train. There are many to choose from. I've used limoservicerome and they have always been reliable.

May 16th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Beth

Thanks everyone! I've just booked the car service.