Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

FAX number for Ristorante Al Covo in Venice??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 1997, 09:22 AM
Jeff Diamond

does anyone have a fax number for Ristorante Al Covo in Venice? I have read about the restaurant for several months (sound like a venetian chez panisse) and will be spending xmas in Venice and want to go there. a fax numbuld be most helpful.

thanks

Old Nov 4th, 1997, 10:50 AM
Mary

Jeff, also wanted to recommend Osteria da Fiore--which is a family-run restaurant with wonderful food a la Chez Panisse(someone else on this board had a bad experience but we loved it); we phoned to make a reservation and they spoke excellent English; Patricia Wells of the International Herald Tribune named it one of the ten best tables in the world but it is not pretentious--but definitely make a reservation soon. Dinner for two with wine and dessert was $120 (the dollar is great!) I got their phone number from the Fodor's Venice info. (at the home page).

Have fun.

Old Nov 6th, 1997, 06:03 AM
Rhea

Re Mary's message. Do you mean Trattoria da Fiore,
Tel o41-5235310? If so, it was a true Venetian
restaurant & cost $70 for us.

Old Nov 6th, 1997, 06:33 AM
Mary

Hi Rhea--it is Osteria and it is a real treat; as I said it is family-run so while the food is wonderful and the atmosphere very nice, it is not pretentious. Jeff, I did notice, however, that many restaurants in Venice close around Christmas so that may be another thing to check in a guidebook like Fodor's. Have a great time.

Old Nov 9th, 1997, 11:13 AM
steve

Sorry, don't have fax # for Al Cova but I have been there. Our hotel made a reservation for us. It is delightful(not sure if it's Chez Panissish)- the chef-owner's wife is a Texan and was very friendly and helpful.

Old Nov 13th, 1997, 06:42 AM
Donna

Hello, Venetian Traveler: I have the fax number for Ristoranti Al Covo: 041-5223812. You are making an excellent choice for dinner. Make your reservation for around 8:30 p.m. Cesare is the owner, Diane (Texan) is his wife. You'll have no problem with the language and the food is excellent! It is a seafood menu, absolutely delicious. I have been three times, each time I go to Venice. The last time we were there, Diane told us that they are fortunate to close on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so please plan accordingly.This restaurant is highly recommended, you'll see it in the Departures magazine for September (AMEX Platinum Card magazine)and plan on a long, lovely meal. Al Covo is also a member of Ristoranti Della Buona Accoglienza, an organization of 14 Venetian restaurants with a mission to serve the visitor with quality, clarity of price, and careful choice of products. I loved it. Go for it.

Old Nov 16th, 1997, 09:27 AM
jeff

thanks for the number. I called them last week and they were very gracious and spoke nearly flawless english. the girlfriend and I are looking forward to our 12/26 dinner there. BTW we live and work in Berkeley, which seems to be the food capital of the planet these days....