As I learn Polish with the idea of trip to Germany and Poland in the not-too-distant future, I've been investigating via YouTube Polish singers as I find listening to music sometimes helps me as I'm learning a language, but also brings me in touch with well-respected figures in a given country.
More interested in folk music, popular music , 20th century classics, rock, ballads than say rap. Any "incontournables" (un-missables) as they say in French?
Of what I've found so far, I've appreciated Ania Wyszkoni (Wiem że jesteś tam), Masters (Szukam dziewczyny and others) and Czerwone gitary (Anna Maria). So, I can like ranging from ballads to pop/dance to classics as those of you in the know can see from these 3. I found I actually understood whole sentence of Ania Wyszkoni at times! Anyway, I feel a bit aimless in my searches, typically going from one popular hit to another popular hit, so I'd enjoy hearing personal favorites of Fodors folks. I'd gotten some good pointers on German language favorites in the past, so I'd love to hear about your Polish favorites!
Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 6 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 7 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 8 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 9 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 12 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 16 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 17 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 20 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 21 Current plan for March trip
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 Spain in 2018
- 24 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 25 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help