Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Favorite park or garden in Paris? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/favorite-park-or-garden-in-paris-217965/)

Saul May 8th, 2002 07:40 PM

Favorite park or garden in Paris?

I'm leaving next week for Paris on a parks, gardens, and neighborhoods tour. What is your favorite park or garden? I'll e-mail my itinerary if your interested.

Saul May 8th, 2002 07:45 PM

if you're interested.

Chet May 8th, 2002 07:50 PM

Luxemburg Gardens.<BR><BR>Have a good trip, Chet

Diana May 8th, 2002 08:48 PM

Luxemborg Gardens.<BR><BR>Can I vote more than once? Then I vote for Luxemborg Gardens a second time.

Mike May 8th, 2002 10:39 PM

Small and unassuming compared to somewhere like the Tuileries or Luxembourg, but I love Place des Vosges. It has so much class.

Linda May 9th, 2002 03:35 AM

Champ de Mars at night

s.fowler May 9th, 2002 03:46 AM

Place des Vosges<BR><BR>I'd like your itinerary -- we're off to Paris in June and I want to do some of the gardens I have missed in previous trips. Thanks!

Pat May 9th, 2002 04:25 AM

The Place Von Furstenburg is my favorite. It is located in the 6 arrondissement, near the entrance to the Delacroix museum, not far from Saint Germain des Pres. Unfortunately, many miss this small but most beautiful Place in Paris.

Louis May 9th, 2002 04:50 AM

Luxembourg Gardens

Peg May 9th, 2002 05:27 AM

Jardi du Ranelagh in the 16th. Discovered it on my way to Musee Marmottan and spent a lovely time in this park.

lisa May 9th, 2002 06:22 AM

Luxembourg Gardens! <BR><BR>The Bois de Boulogne is on my list to check out this time.<BR><BR>Can't put my finger on it, but for some reason the Tuileries has failed to appeal to me...

Ron May 9th, 2002 06:29 AM

I'd say it's pretty hard to have a favorite. Definitely the Palais Royale, especially in the Spring when the tulips are in bloom. Also Place des Vosges, one of the lovliest squares in the world. Parc Monceau is very nice and presents an opportunity to visit the Nissim de Camonondo Museum and also see some lovely architecture in the neighborhood.

andi May 9th, 2002 07:58 AM

Another vote for Parc Monceau - really a lovely little gem. I missed the Nissim de Camondo museum this trip but hope to get there next time. Also don't miss Place des Vosges and Luxembourg Gardens.

Spanky May 9th, 2002 08:32 AM

A third vote for Parc Monceau - we stayed in a beautiful apartment on the Parc two years ago. In addition to lovely greenery, flowers and statutes, you'll see school children playing at recess (there's a school nearby and they use the parc), lovers sitting and walking (there's plenty of benches to sit and watch or read or just hang out).<BR>One metro stop would be Courcelles.

Capo May 9th, 2002 10:35 AM

The Luxembourg Gardens. My favorite part is the Medici Fountain. <BR><BR>I also like the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, in the northeastern part of Paris, the Place des Vosges in the Marais, and the *tres* petit Place Von Furstenburg in the 6th. <BR><BR>I've always wanted to see the Parc Monceau and will on my next trip to Paris.

elvira May 9th, 2002 10:40 AM

Parc Montsouris and Parc Georges Brassens, tied for first place.

Dave May 9th, 2002 11:15 AM

I agree on Champ de Mars,,,,especially when you can watch Baci games on a warm summer evening in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower. Just wish I were going too!! Best Wishes.

Wendy May 9th, 2002 11:23 AM

Well I absolutely agree with everyone but I have to say that I also really do love the Tuilleries. There is nothing more Paris to me than sitting by one of the fountains, sunning my face with the rest, reading a book and glancing to my right to see the Eiffle Tower- then to my left to see the Arc du Carosel and the IM Pei pyramid. Then saunter to one of the "cafes" for a beer and a sandwich. After, stroll around the sculptures and admire the flowers. <BR><BR>Per usual please excuse the spelling!<BR><BR>Bon Voyage!<BR><BR>

lizbeth May 9th, 2002 11:33 AM

Of course the Luxembourg Gardens.<BR>The Botanical Gardens and the Place de Arenes, too.<BR>But my very favorite? It's that tiny triangular park on the Ile de la Cite - I don't know the name. I've heard that if you stand at the very tip (its "nose", so to speak) and make a wish, it's sure to come true.<BR>Bon voyage

clairobscur May 9th, 2002 12:09 PM

Bagatelle gardens, in the "bois de Boulogne"