We have settled on Malcesine for our stay on Lake Garda in the latter part of May (three nights).
Now, the hotel. I saw a good reco for Hotel Bellevue San Lorenzo but in reading Tripadvisor a person stated it was a 30 minute walk into town, very steep and along a busy road.
On the one hand, it sounds like it must have great views. Also, having stayed at Eremo Gaudio on Lake Como a few times, Mom and I are used to a good 15 minute walk up and down a fairly steep hill (but, very quiet road as it's a dead end at the top) to get to that particular hotel. Would this be worse, same thing, etc.
We really liked being up that high, but it's also the case that once you are there in the evening, you aren't as psyched about heading back down into town because it's such a trek. Not to mention that my Mom just turned 70. Very mobile and chipper 70, but it might be nice not to have a trek twice a day (or more).
Thoughts? Has anyone stayed there? Even better, if you have also visited the Eremo Gaudio and can give a comparison...
Other possibilities? What are thoughts on Hotel Castello (lakefront), or maybe the Majestic Palace Hotel?
Many thanks for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 समर्थनICLOUD @ Password Reset 1:888:260:2909 ICLOUD Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 3 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 4 First time in Spain
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 9 Barcelona to Malaga
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 17 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 22 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 23 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 24 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)