Reload this Page > Favorite bath and beauty products from Italy

Favorite bath and beauty products from Italy

Jan 11th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Sera

Favorite bath and beauty products from Italy

Thought this needed its own thread

Jan 11th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Alice Twain

Bottega verde. This is a big chain of shops with the headquarter in Pienza. It is the Italian alternative to Body Shop. I like their make up products a lot: they are cheap, they smell good and they have good colors. http://www.bottegaverde.it/index.jsp

Jan 11th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Linda

Thanks Alice Twain for the Bottega Verde website; I'll check out the store when I go to Rome in March.

Anyone know of a store similar to Boots (which is so affordable that you don't feel guilty for trying all sorts of new products)?

Jan 11th, 2003, 08:21 AM
Betsy

While Lush is a UK company, if you don't have access to it where you live, you may want to shop at their stores in Italy. There are stores in Florence, Rome and Venice. There may be other sites that I'm not aware of in other cities. Their figs and leaves soap is spectacular.

Jan 12th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Ana

There has to be more!

Jan 12th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Donna

Anything made by the Farmacia di Santa Maria Novella in Florence is wonderful. Handcrafted by monks using recipes from hundreds of years ago, the lotions and soaps have great natural scents. My favorite are the lavender soaps and I buy several boxes each time in Italy.
I also love the chain Parigi, which sells a wide range of European beauty products.

Jan 12th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Grinisa

While at the Sirenuse in July, I discovered a company called Acca Kappa, based in Treviso. The Sirenuse stocks the guest bathrooms with these delightful products. I became addicted to the White Moss body lotion and ordered some from their website: www.shopaccakappa.com

Jan 12th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Mimi taylor

I have to agree with Donna.

Jan 12th, 2003, 08:38 AM
John G

Profumo Santa Maria Novella, Florence, 16n Via della Scala. Milan: 1 via S. Maia alla Porta. Rome: 47 Corso del Rinascimento. London: 117 Walton St. New York: Takishimaya 5th Ave.; Lafco, Hudson St. TriBeCa.

Jan 12th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Baci

Thanks John G for the Lafco tip, I never even knew the store existed! Isn't Takishimaya a Japanese department store? I think I've been there, do they have European products? Also does anyone know of any other Bath & Body Works type stores in Italy?

Jan 12th, 2003, 02:44 PM
t

ttt

Jan 12th, 2003, 08:27 PM
JohN G

Yes, Takishimaya is a Japanese store on 5th Ave. in Manhattan. They sell products from Farmaceutica SMN on the 6th floor. If you call Lafco and place an order they will ship anywhere. Lafco also carries other beauty products from Italy.

Jan 13th, 2003, 05:39 AM
claire

A year ago, I bought some SMN products at Saks Fifth Ave. (on 5th Ave. next door to St. Patrick's Cathedral). Are they no longer carrying it?

Jan 13th, 2003, 06:29 AM
Barbra

Claire, Saks no longer carries the wonderful products of Farmacia Santa Maria Novella. I was just in New York for Christmas and when I went to Saks a salesperson told me this horrible news. Thankfully, she directed me to Takishimaya. She also mentioned Barney's, but I didn't have time to go there.

Jan 13th, 2003, 06:50 AM
Julie

There is actually a Farmacia S. M. Novella located in NYC at 200 Hudson Street (betwn. Canal & Varrick) 212-925-0001.

Jan 13th, 2003, 05:11 PM
claire

Barbra, what bad news about Saks! Wonder what happened? But, thanks to you & John G & Julie for the alternatives. I intend to restock in NYC in early February and you saved me from wasting time. I have to say, though, that I also love New York's own Kiehl's, especially the Creme de Corps in winter. But, this is an Italy thread!

Jan 13th, 2003, 06:24 PM
John G

The Farmacia SMN that Julie speaks of on Hudson St. is Lafco. It is NOT Famacia Santa Maria Novella, but a store that sells products from SMN, among other things (like furniture) from Italy.

Jan 13th, 2003, 06:29 PM
JoHn G

By the way, Takishimaya only carries a limited line of the products of Profumo Santa Maria Novella. Only Lafco carries the complete line in the United States. Lafco: 212-925-0001

Jan 14th, 2003, 08:20 AM
claire

Thanks, John G, for the additional info on Lafco and SMN products. I'm not familiar with the Hudson St./TriBeCa area, but assume it isn't all that complicated to get there from Midtown West.

Jan 14th, 2003, 09:59 AM
michele

SMN and Acca Kappa

Search this Thread