FATIMA & SAN SEBASTIAN

Search

FATIMA & SAN SEBASTIAN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FATIMA & SAN SEBASTIAN

Any idea how to get to Fatima from Lisbon. We will be in Lisbon for 6 days and want to go to Fatima for 2Days/1 Night. Thereafter we will leave Lisbon for San Sebastian. Any buses running from Lisbon to Fatima and from Lisbon to San Sebastian? Please advise. Thanks!
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 04:13 PM

There are many buses between Lisbon and Fatima. Between 7 am and 7:30 pm, there's never more than an hour between buses, and it's sometimes every half hour. You can find the schedules at the rede expressos (the national bus company) website: http://www.rede-expressos.pt/default.aspx

Getting from Lisbon to San Sebastian will be more complicated. I'm pretty sure the best way would be to go through Madrid, either by train or bus. But it will be a long trip, I bet. Check the rede expressos website for Lisbon to Madrid, and Movelia.es for the Spain part.

There is not great train service between Lisbon and Madrid, just one overnight train each way. From Madrid to San Sebastian by train is a 5 or so hour ride, and there are two trains a day, one at 8 and one at 4 pm. I think that means you would arrive in Madrid after the earlier train had left and would have to spend a day in Madrid and get the 4 pm train to SS. Good luck.
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 12:37 AM

Air Portugal flies directly from Lisbon to Bilbao in 2h 30 mins. Direct bus from Bilbao airport to San Sebastián in 70 mins.
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 01:15 AM

... and the flight time between Lisboa and Bilbao would of course be 1h 30 mins, forgot about the time difference...
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 01:44 PM

I would choose flying, but there is option by train.
Note that until last year at least, Air Portugal flight was using in that route a propellers plane.
Check also price of Air Portugal to Pamplona, from where you can get also bus to San Sebastian.
A direct train (www.renfe.es) departs Lisbon at 16:30 and arrives to San Sebastian at 6:34. It is a long way of 14hours, but you make some of it at night so that you can get a bed to sleep.
Enjoy your travel
Aitor
www.aitordelgado.com