Farmhouse/villa for 10 in Tuscany/Umbria

Old May 31st, 2001, 12:39 PM
ron

Farmhouse/villa for 10 in Tuscany/Umbria

Looking for a place to rent for one week next May in Tuscany/Umbria for our group of 10 adults. Any first hand suggestions? Thanks.

Old May 31st, 2001, 12:49 PM
Nan

Try the Meridiana di Mario outside
Volterra. It is on the web site
Vacationspot.com. It is a very
comfortable farmhouse with 5 bedrooms
on beautiful grounds with pool.
We stayed there and it was great.

Old May 31st, 2001, 01:05 PM
Rex

I can share with you our experience with an 8 bedroom house "in"/near the town of Ambra (stayed there in 1998). Vaguely between Siena and Arezzo. It is quite remote (too much for some people, perhaps); it was VERY affordable, very roomy, modern enough, satisfactory kitchen, spacious dining and living rooms; eight bedrooms: 2 doubles, 4 twins, 2 singles; 5 bathrooms. Brand new swimming pool, excellent cooking out facilities, in addition to the kitchen. Sit outside and eat outside also, if you wish, but not shaded for that.

We were three adults, our three daughters, six cousins and two boyfriends, so it was a perfect fit for us.

Its name is/was Podere Belvedere, and I have not been able to find it listed with either http://www.regencyintapts.com (through whom we got it), nor with http://www.cuendet.com (it was listed with them in 1998 - - they are kind of a "super-broker" to other North American companies).

Even so, you might have some luck with Regency if you want to try contacting them.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 11:28 AM
Steve the Guide

Hello. A good site to visit can be:
http://www.agriturismo.net in particulary for Tuscany accomodation.

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 12:13 PM
Beth

We were just in Tuscany for the first week in May and rented a farmhouse. Next time over though I would stay at Villa Spoiana right outside the little town of Tavarnelle Val de Pesa. Great location to all of the Tuscan hilltowns you would want to visit. We also visited the Cinque Terre. Also Villa Spoiana rents by the week for very reasonable rates. The owners are lovely.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 12:59 AM
Ian

Try Fattoria Pagnana ( www.fattoria-pagnana.com ) which is just 10 miles S.E. of Florence with wonderful views over the Valdarno. Last year I stayed with them and there was an English/American family reunion ( about 18/20 people ) - it seemed to be a great success. The girls at the Reception later told me that many come to Pagnana as a group and that they are well prepared to arrange special dinners, pre-booking museum visiting times, golf round, cookery courses etc etc. Take a look.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Jean

Earlier this month, we stayed at Villa Muraltello in Penna, a few miles outside of Orte (this is in Umbria). Very nice villa in the countryside. Had a pool. 6 bedrooms, 5 baths. We all liked it. I don't have the name of the rental company we used with me, but if you decide you want to investigate further, e-mail a reply to this posting & I'll get it for you.