Reload this Page >

Fantastic airfare to Frankfurt

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 09:29 AM
Alice Hutson

Getting to go to Germany thrilled me, but the second thrill was getting round trip tickets for only $400 each. At first I was crushed when it was time to buy and I could only find them for $986. Then I tried Priceline.com, "teasing" them with a ridiculous low fare of $400, but they found me tickets for that price on the days I wanted to leave and return! Thought y'all (yeah, I'm from Texas) might want to know.

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 10:07 AM
pc

Which airline??

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 10:09 AM
Bob

Check American Airlines from DFW. I think they are lower than $400.

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 10:21 AM
Joe

If you're leaving this month, you might want them to throw in a sled along with the $400.

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 10:21 AM
Alice

Continental Airlines, pc. Bob, I checked through Expedia.com which uses mostly American Airlines and there's was the higher fare I quoted. Even on their fare compare, the cheapest ever was $420.

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 10:22 AM
Alice

No, Joe, I'm going in May when all that beautiful snow turns to slush.

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 10:31 AM
miriam

Hi Alice, <BR>we don`t have any snow here at the moment apart from certain (higher) regions in the Bavarian Alps. <BR> <BR>Have fun <BR> <BR>Miriam

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 05:01 PM
Tom

Cheap fares also showing from Chicago to Amsterdam thru spring and early June for 235 R/T plus tax or 155 O/W plus Tax on Kuwait Airlines. The fly on Mondays and Thursdays. Seats are scarce but worth a try at www.tiss.com

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 05:24 PM
jwagner

I got$400 tickets from Des Moines to Munich in March. I've been to Europe in January twice. The weather was fine (compared to Iowa); usually in the 40s and 50s. And the best thing is not fighting crowds. Hope you are going to Rothenberg, Munich and King Ludwig's castles. Have fun

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 06:21 PM
mary jane

Hello, <BR>My boyfriend was able to get tickets on Delta from Charleston, SC to Frankfurt roundtrip (leaving Friday and returning on Thursday) for only $313 at that deal.....or the $400, I plan to be going to Germany as often as possible!

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 08:55 AM
Alice

JWagner, I think we'll be going to lots of burgs: Freiburg, Strassbourg, Rothenburg, Weisburg, Nuremburg, as well as to King Ludwig's castles. Thanks to all of your for your comments. I think I, too, will go to Europe quite often at these prices.