Reload this Page >

Family Trip to Ireland with the kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Michelle

My husband and I are planning a trip to Ireland for next April during my daughters spring break. We have two children who will be 3 and 13 at the time of our trip. We also plan on going with my parents, his parents and my sisters and his brother and sister. Where would be the best places for us to go and what would be our best bet for accomedations. We're planning on spending about 2 weeks there so I don't think we want to stay in the same place for the entire trip. Any suggestions would be helpful, especially money saving tips. Also how is the weather there in April?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 10:21 PM
janis

At my count you are talking about a minimum of 12 people (depending on how many sisters you have). Your best bet is to rent two large cottages for a week each. You can rent a large 4, 5 or 6 bedroom house for less than $800 or $900 per week. So if you rent one in the far southwest and another maybe up in Galway you can use them as bases for day trips which will cover most of the south and west of Ireland.<BR><BR>Few B&Bs will have room for 12 or more so you would have to stay mostly in larger hotels if you don't go the self-catering route.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 05:12 AM
travelmom

Michelle,<BR><BR>We are planning a similar trip to Ireland, also over spring break next year. We did a three generation trip to Switzerland, Austria, Germany, and France last spring, and it worked great! We did all vacation rentals (no hotels), which I'd really recommend. It gave us tons of space to spread out, and actually saved us money. Also, on the point of 3 generation travel...we love the idea! We have four kids, and the grandparents on both sides came with us. It made for great memories all the way around. <BR><BR>I'll be watching for more info on your post here, as we're planning on Ireland (3 generations again) next spring. I've already started checking into it, and there are plenty of choices for cottage rentals (even for large groups) available, and the prices are amazingly inexpensive. Do some web searches for "Ireland cottages", "Ireland self-catering", "Ireland farmstays", and you'll find plenty of choices. Many offer brochures to send for by mail.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 07:00 AM
xxx

Many people posting Family ideas to topic "Top 10 things to do in Ireland". FYI

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 01:00 PM
topping

ttt