family of 5 in Baden-Baden

Sep 21st, 2009, 08:35 PM
Original Poster

family of 5 in Baden-Baden

Have been posting often because traveling with a large family is more of a challenge! Bear with me, I really appreciate your input!

Are there any reasonable hotels between $200-300 (with AC!) for 2 adults and 3 kids (ages 4,4,6) in Baden-Baden or Karlsruhe or stretching it, Heidelburg? (coming from Fussen and taking a scenic drive will take us 5 1/2 hours to Baden-Baden and is already stretch for the kiddos. Driving to Heidelblurg would be another hour. Ouch!)

Sep 22nd, 2009, 06:51 AM

I stayed here... http://www.holland-hotel-sophienpark.de/en/default.htm

Very good location, very clean, well recommended.
Sep 22nd, 2009, 07:10 AM

Thank you for your response! The hotel recommended is about $443 though. Any other recommendations for $300 and under?
Sep 22nd, 2009, 07:44 AM

I didn't pay full price. I booked the hotel through the tourist board on the way into town. Try emailing the hotel directly and try the discounted hotel booking sites such as Priceline, Otels.com, etc. Be careful with the booking sites, I've found sometimes their prices are higher than booking directly with the hotel.

Here are reviews for hotels in Baden Baden:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1...ACCOM_OVERVIEW
Sep 22nd, 2009, 08:21 AM

I stayed here in December 2007 and was very happy with it. Breakfast was reasonable and the price cheap.

Loved Baden Baden

www.hotel-am-markt-baden.de/en/rooms.html
Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:05 AM

You could get connecting rooms at the Queens Best Western (leave the connecting doors open so you can hear what your kids are doing) for about 90 euros per room, including breakfast. A renovated hotel in a nice location. Has its own indoor pool. It's our preferred hotel in Basen-Baden.
IMO, the connecting rooms give everybody plenty of space and you'd get two bathrooms as well. And stay within your budget!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...rttemberg.html
Sep 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM

ked99, how long will you be in the Baden-Baden area, how many nights? If you're willing to do day trips and stay in one area several nights an apartment might be just what you're looking for. We've stayed in many apartments throughout Europe and much prefer them to hotels, we like having the extra room, a kitchen and being in smaller towns. If you're interested in apartments I'd be glad to pass along some information.
Susan