Search

Family of 4 trip to sicily in july

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2007, 11:24 PM
zia
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family of 4 trip to sicily in july

My family of 4 (children age 9 & 16) need your advise on our hotel choices and a question I have about a beautiful farmhouse outside of Agrigento I saw it in the chat room but can't find it now. The website had a family setting on the porch with a golden sunset would anyone know what place it could have been?
july:
Palermo 4nights at Villa Igiea or Rosiloria
both very different from each other.

Agrigento 1 nite still looking for that farmhouse

Taormina 2 nites I would like a nice place for $200.00 or less a nite w/ pool for the girls

Lipari 2 nites

Amaifi 1 nite

Roma 1 nite

home

Any input at this time would help. I understand that it will be hot how hot I don't know. Thanks for your input.

Thanks

Old Jun 10th, 2007, 04:58 AM

I think you should cut down the number of cities and stay at least 2 nights in each destination. You're going to spend most of your time packing-traveling-checking in-unpacking that you won't have time to enjoy where you are.
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 08:25 AM

Is your budget for hotel rooms less than 200 dollars a night everywhere or just Taormina? It is going to be hard finding a quad room, or two double rooms for that in Taormina and Amalfi. I've stayed at the Villa Igiea in Palermo and it is a great hotel with a nice pool but doubles are over 200 a night. I think you should drop Amalfi from this trip as it is going to take you most of the day to get there from Taormina or Lipari. When we went to Sicily during the middle of July a couple of years ago, it was very hot, between 38 and 41 degrees Celcius every day, over 100 F. With kids, I think a pool will be almost a necessity at each hotel you stay at.
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 10:51 AM

Your schedule towards the end is somewhat unrealistic. You will be traveling most of the time.
When you leave Sicily go directly to Rome and have time to see some beautiful and historic sites

You seem to want to be able to say " I was in-----" even if you did not really have time to enjoy it.
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 03:37 PM
zia
Original Poster

Thanks. I agree all that moving is to much. That heat your right pools a must.
Did you travel around Sicily? and did you stay at other hotels? I just cancel my room at Villa Igiea I have bonus points and can stay for free but I wanted to stay in town to see more. $200.00 would be my starting point,I'm looking for that jewel of a place.
I'm thinking of dropping Lipari or Amalfi at this point.We are going to take the train up the coast to Roma. The first place I can get a pool will be were I lay my hat. We spent 2 weeks in Roma & Naples 2 yrs. ago w/the girls and they loved it this trip we'll only have time for 1 restaurant. Agrigento hotels w/ pool? Taormia w/pool? Thank you for any reply.