Family hotel in Paris for April

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family hotel in Paris for April

Help! I'm looking last minute for a family hotel for 3 nights in April. I will be traveling with my husband and two children ages 9 and 11. We would love to be in the thick of things, near cafes and shops and of course tourist sites also. I saw that Hotel de Fleurie was recommended as very comfortable for families but unfortuneatly they have no space. I don't want to spend more than $300 USD a night. There is space at the Novotel Paris Les Halles. Does anyone know how is the location. I really appreciate any input. Thanks
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 02:43 PM

Rough Guides recommends this one:
http://www.hotel-marignan.com

(It's probably not upscale, but is well-located.)
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 03:05 PM

Try Hotel Le Clement in the 6th district. E-mail: [email protected] and website is www.hotel-clement.com.
Also try Hotel Chomel in the 6th (email: [email protected]).
They aren't as nice as the Fleurie but they may have availability and are well-located.

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 03:17 PM

You should also check Best Western International's website-you never know there may be availabilities. But you may have to reserve two rooms.
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 03:23 PM

Check the Danube, they have a 2 bedroom ,1 bath suite for about 200E per night. They will configure the beds to your requirements..GREAT location

http://www.hoteldanube.fr/index-gb.htm
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Chatters

I was very pleased with the family room we had at the Best Western Left Bank St. Germain and was even more delighted with the neighborhood; walking distance to wonderful shops and restaurants, Notre Dame, Louvre Museum, Latin Quarter, etc.... Back in Nov we paid $220 and all four of us slept very comfortably. Quiet at night, good breakfast in the morning. Loved the neighborhhod and the hotel.

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 04:29 PM

Hotel de France Invalides has a quad and chambres communicantes. So does the Hotel Duquesne, both in the 7th, both well under your budget limit. I suspect they'll be booked for April already, but it's worth a try.
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 04:46 PM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34481344

This thread is re a mother and two sons also planning a last-minute trip to Paris, with many replies. I posted URLs for several hotel booking sites that allow you to search for availability by dates. Given your timeframe and number of people, I'd start with these.
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 05:00 PM

Our family of four stayed at the Claude Bernard last August for about $250/night in a family suite. The hotel is in the latin quarter - about 2 blocks from the Seine River. We walked to Notre Dame, Louvre, etc with no problem and there are a ton of restaurants and cafes all over the area. The family suite had 2 double beds, one twin bed and a daybed. The ottoman could also fold out into another single bed if you needed it. There was a small desk, smallish chest of drawers and closet. Bath was 'ok' - this is not a 4 star hotel but very adequate for us. Staff was wonderful and very very helpful. When we checked in, I offered him my credit card as is the normal procedure and he brushed it off with 'madame, we trust you'. Not the typical parisian reaction to an American tourist. We did see a lot of Best Western and Comfort Inns around but I don't know if they would require two rooms.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:09 AM
ira

t