Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > family holiday in Bologna, Florence &Pisa

family holiday in Bologna, Florence &Pisa

Feb 29th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

family holiday in Bologna, Florence &Pisa

I will be travelling to Italy for a week's holiday with my husband and 9 year old son in early May. We are flying into Folrli, arriving around 6.30pm. We hope to make our way to Bologna (have to check out trains/buses) where we intend staying 2 or 3 nights, making day trips to Modena and Parma before going to Florence for another couple of nights and perhaps Pisa for a night. We stayed in Albergo Gronchi many years ago but wonder if is suitable for a family as it didn't have private bathrooms. We are thinking of staying in B&B A Bologna and Hotel Johanna in Florence. Wonder if anyone has stayed there and how did they get on.
thanks
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:42 AM

Many people post on this site that Pisa is not "worth" going to, as it is said to be a "tourist trap".
The tower is neat to stand there and look at, but there really isn't anything else there. Are you going just to see the tower???
Instead of a night there, maybe spend plan on a night somewhere else, and take a drive over there for an hour or so to see the tower, then go back and enjoy the rest of the day and evening back where you will stay the night. SO many other neat places to see and stay.

just my opinion.
EK

Search this Thread