Family friendly hotel for 5 people

Apr 22nd, 2015, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Family friendly hotel for 5 people

Hello all! We are planning to go to Madrid and Barcelona and have found some good apartment options but are open to hotels too mainly because of pool option. I am looking for a hotel that has interconnecting rooms and allows 3 per room so that our party of 5 can fit. Many hotels only allow 2 in Spain. My kids will be 7,5, and 2 at travel. We have Marriott and Hilton points and wanted to use them but they said due to 2 per room we can't do this and we have to get 2 separate rooms but they won't connect.

We are looking for a pool and a/c and quiet hotel. Has anyone stayed in a hotel in Spain or Barcelona with 3 kids? Any suggestions would help!
Thanks!
Apr 22nd, 2015, 11:59 PM

No help here, but generally Spaniards love kids so you will not mixed up in any Anglo-Saxon "kids should be seen and not heard" nonsense in any hotel

use Booking , it works for me
Apr 23rd, 2015, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

haha thanks!
Apr 23rd, 2015, 11:43 AM

In Madrid we stayed at the Petit Palace Art Gallery with our family of four. And like Bilbo suggested to you we also use Booking . Com to find and book our family rooms so hope you have luck finding a room for five. This particular hotel had family rooms- a bunk bed tucked in a nook around the corner from the Queen bed. However- no safety rail on the top bunk and my child fell out in the middle of the night. Maybe they've fixed that. Sure you don't want to book an apartment?
Apr 23rd, 2015, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

I am learning that once u go from 2-3 u almost have to. It's hard even in the USA sometimes but in Europe it's almost impossible. Many rooms have 2 occupancies and or don't ajoin. Or budget is 200 a night so that doesn't help either. We found the ritz Carlton rooms of 3 connect for 600 a night. Haha! We plan on return to Europe often so we have to keep costs reasonable. Thanks. Ouch on falling out of bed I saw some places didn't have rails on bunks.