❤️

❤️

❤️

Working for the corn rolls.❤️

❤️

❤️
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome photos. Plitvice is one of the most beautiful places that I've ever had the pleasure to see.
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

❤️

❤️

❤️

❤️

❤️

❤️

❤️

❤️

❤️

❤️

❤️

❤️
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! It is stunningly beautiful. We ended up walking around the park for seven miles yesterday and five miles today. The park was practically empty, the weather perfect.
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 10:04 AM

Wow! Stunning photos. Many thanks.
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 10:52 AM

Fabulous. Looks like you had the park to yourself!
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 01:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh my, just lovely. Lucky you!
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 07:51 AM

Gorgeous! Thanks for posting!
Old Oct 31st, 2020, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Treesa, rialtogrl, Adelaidean, russ-in-LA

Thank you very much, I am glad you guys like my pictures. We are in-love with Croatia!

Old Nov 1st, 2020, 01:10 AM

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. We were there 13 months back, and you had a lot higher water level, plus the nice leaves.

Did you stay overnight?

About an hour to the north of Plitvice is Karlovac, if anyone visiting the park heads this way, the Croatian War of Independence Museum. If anyone gets the chance, do stop. It is right on main road, and has been open about 2 years. The exhibits are well done. The outside portion, with tanks, etc is fascinating. They used converted tractors as troop carriers, and old tanks and gun carriers from several different nations, and different eras, including old WW2 US equipment. Necessity forced the locals to be clever, or they would be dead. The building itself is an old barracks that was heavily damaged in fighting.

We stumbled across this and really enjoyed our visit. The people working there were very nice, good coffee shop. The town also has an aquarium.
Old Nov 1st, 2020, 01:56 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdokeefe View Post
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. We were there 13 months back, and you had a lot higher water level, plus the nice leaves.

Did you stay overnight?

About an hour to the north of Plitvice is Karlovac, if anyone visiting the park heads this way, the Croatian War of Independence Museum. If anyone gets the chance, do stop. It is right on main road, and has been open about 2 years. The exhibits are well done. The outside portion, with tanks, etc is fascinating. They used converted tractors as troop carriers, and old tanks and gun carriers from several different nations, and different eras, including old WW2 US equipment. Necessity forced the locals to be clever, or they would be dead. The building itself is an old barracks that was heavily damaged in fighting.

We stumbled across this and really enjoyed our visit. The people working there were very nice, good coffee shop. The town also has an aquarium.
Hi bdokeefe,

We stayed for fives nights. Plitvice Park was one of the reason I wanted to go to Croatia. We love it here!
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adr1an View Post
cafegoddess , thank You for sharing with the community these photos of the vibrant autumn season in the beautiful Plitvice national park
Adr1an You are very welcome! I can’t say enough good things about Croatia and its people. This is actually my first “trip report” I was so excited and happy walking Plitvice Park with my husband.

Btw, Tito’s abandoned villa was only about a mile and half from where we stayed. We stayed in the park by the back trail. My husband was impressed, seeing the secret hallway leading to a tunnel.
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 06:53 PM

Your photos are gorgeous! And I love the details in your photos. We were in Croatia in September 2019. It looks like you had a higher level of water than we did at Plitvice. We were too early for autumn color. We loved every place in Croatia we visited, and also loved Montenegro and Slovenia. Where else did you go in Croatia?
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 10:18 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KarenWoo View Post
Your photos are gorgeous! And I love the details in your photos. We were in Croatia in September 2019. It looks like you had a higher level of water than we did at Plitvice. We were too early for autumn color. We loved every place in Croatia we visited, and also loved Montenegro and Slovenia. Where else did you go in Croatia?
@karenWoo, we started in Dubrovnik, stayed for seven days, picked up a car, then drove to Korcula , we stayed in Lumbarda, we enjoyed this village very much. It was very quiet. We did a lot of hiking along the water, through olive grove, vineyards, wild flowers, and lots of pomegranate trees. I didn’t know pomegranate
could taste so sweet.
From Korcula, we drove to Split where we stayed for 6 nights .We then drove to Plitvice Park for 5 nights. Plitvice Park was my favorite, it was so beautiful! From there we headed to Istria, staying in a small village just outside of Buje, then took day trips to Rovinj, Groznjan, Novigrad, Motovun, and Pula. We went to Istria for the truffles and were not disappointed. After Istria headed to Zagred. We did not like Zagred that much, it was just a big city full of graffiti

It took four flights, thirty-four hours of traveling to get to Croatia, would we go back? In a heartbeat! The country is so beautiful and we met so many nice people. It is also very reasonable, and the food was good. We feel the same as you, we loved every place we visited.

Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 05:44 AM

Cafegoddess, sounds like a wonderful trip! And relaxing, too! It must be nice to spend many nights in one place. You don't feel like you are rushing around. Although you certainly saw and did a lot. But checking in and out of hotels can be tiring, so it's nice to stay put in one place for awhile. The longest we stayed in one place was Split, where we spent 4 nights. We spent 2 nights in Zagreb and we really liked it. We enjoyed the Museum of Naieve Art, and we also enjoyed walking around and exploring Zagreb. For me, the graffiti made the city interesting. And it is so different from Dubrovnik and Split, so it was a nice contrast. Zagreb reminded me of a smaller and less crowded Prague.
Old Dec 7th, 2020, 06:08 AM

cafegoddess,
I love the photos and your itinerary sounds just right! I'm curious where you stayed - were you in hotels or apartments? If it's not too much to share, would you let us know where you stayed, and if you would recommend them? I'm thinking of a 2022 trip, so clearly, there's no rush!

Many thanks!
Old Dec 7th, 2020, 10:44 AM

Astounding photos, cafegoddess. If you are not a professional photographer, you might want to think about it. It might be a beautiful place, but your shots more than prove it. Brava!
Old Dec 7th, 2020, 11:09 AM

Is this the Plitvicer Seen?
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 10:33 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by progol View Post
cafegoddess,
I love the photos and your itinerary sounds just right! I'm curious where you stayed - were you in hotels or apartments? If it's not too much to share, would you let us know where you stayed, and if you would recommend them? I'm thinking of a 2022 trip, so clearly, there's no rush!

Many thanks!
@progol thank you! We loved and felt so lucky to have stayed at Holiday Park Fenomen Plitvice. We highly recommend this place, we stayed in a one bedroom apartment. The staff were so helpful with directions on how to best enjoy the park.
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 10:39 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TDudette View Post
Astounding photos, cafegoddess. If you are not a professional photographer, you might want to think about it. It might be a beautiful place, but your shots more than prove it. Brava!

@TDudutte. You are too kind, I have to credit my husband, he has given me a lot of pointers on how to take pictures. He learned how to take pictures by watching an interview of John Ford. Lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information