Expensive visa process

Sep 30th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Original Poster
Expensive visa process

I was a bit surprised at the cost I paid, is the following normal charges? These amounts are for two people. The Russian Consulate fee $260.00. Cost to send Fed-ex, $30.00. Cost for service to pick up from Consulate since they do not process visa as of September 10th., $100.00. Cost to return via Fed-ex,$30.00. Total for two visa's to be processed, $420.00. Does this sound right? We did all the paper work ourselves and printed the forms on-line, nothing but processing had to be done. Thank you for your input, I was caught a little off guard by this.
Sep 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Is it for business or tourist visa, is it for single or multiple entry, is it same-day processing? Consulate fee sounds a little high if it is single entry tourist visa with 7 day processing but since the exact details are vague it is difficult to say.
Sep 30th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Sounds about right. A lot of visas are expensive. Looking into a US visa for Mr N and it will cost $131 plus we are trying to work out if the $85 visa fingerprint fee applies to both of us? (I'd get in under visa waiver). Also, the US charges extra fees according to country - someone from Russia for example has to pay $131 plus $100 (plus fingerprints?). Don't think any of these fees include postage etc. I assume you've chosen to use Fed-ex? Anyway the actual visa fee is virtually identical or even cheaper for you.
Sep 30th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Wow - that's expensive. Why did you have to Fed Ex the visa paperwork. Were you under a time constraint or is Fed Ex the requirement.

Search this Thread