Car from Pompeii to Amalfi

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car from Pompeii to Amalfi

Family of 4 will be arriving in Pompeii Scavi via the Circumvesuviana line in the early afternoon, checking our bags at the entrance, planning to spend a few hours touring Pompeii, and then would like to take a private car from Pompeii straight to our hotel in Amalfi in the early evening.

Any recommendations on a reliable and reasonably priced car service?
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:57 PM
ekc

Email Sergio at [email protected]. We used him a couple of times on our recent trip, including getting us from Positano to NAP and his rates were reasonable and he is very professional and speaks good English.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 03:25 PM

The best option is to hire a private driver to meet you at the Naples station or airport and take you directly to your hotel. Expect to pay about 100E.
www.cuomonet.it www.tourofitaly.com www.francescomarrapese.com
www.angelodriver.com
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. We do not want to go back north though to Naples. We'd prefer to leave directly from Pompeii and drive south straight to our hotel in Amalfi.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 04:50 PM

We traveled to the same are last September and Nello was a guide for us at Pompeii. He was great and he even set up a driver to pick us up from Positano then take us to Pompeii and then the train station. Here is his email [email protected] . I am not sue if you even want a guide at Pompeii but I am so happy that we did. He was recommended by someone in my Italian class and he was an excellent guide.
Have fun.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 05:54 PM
WWK

You can also try [email protected]. They are based in Sorrento. We recently used them for transfers from Positano to Naples and thought they were great!
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 03:42 AM

We did the same route 2 years ago and used Airport Connection Worldwide.They helped me both with the transfer to suggesting a few cool restaurants. we tried the "Gemma" which was great. Anyway ACW answered all my questions and were available for me any time during the day. Prices were reasonable and I am planning to book for my in-laws next year. Hope this helps you.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 03:26 PM
jgg

One more recommendation. We used Gerry with Sorrento First Choice (http://www.sorrentofirstchoice.com). We were actually going the opposite direction - from Sorrento to Pompeii but we also used him for an Amalfi Coast driving trip and he picked us up from the airport in Naples and took us to our hotel in Sorrento. He provided us with a guide in Pompeii who was excellent as well.