Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Everyone asks about Hotels. I did my research on the web & no luck on real comments.

Everyone asks about Hotels. I did my research on the web & no luck on real comments.

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 07:13 AM
stephanie

Ok.. I'm frustrated that I haven't found a single customer feedback comment on my choice of hotels.hotelboulevard.com; parishotels.com; you name it! Would someone kindly help me
I'm trying to decide amongst the folowing hotels. They may not be the cheapest and that's OK, they are all supposed to be 3 stars. I just want to find out from someone's experience if they are worthwhile hotels, If they deserve their 3 stars- I mean are they worth the price difference from a 2 star- and if they would return there. My priorities are : value for money, Location (close to major attactions + safe neighborhood),how's the noise & cleanliness, service.
1) Hotel La tour Notre Dame
2) Hotel france Louvre
3) Hotel Residence Saint Christophe
4) Hotel Saint Paul Le Marais

Thank you for your help.

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 07:21 AM
Terry

try www.ricksteves.com (?) under graffeti wall. Someone there may have experience with these hotels

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 08:47 AM
Sheryl

Stayed at the Hotel France Louvre last summer and would definitely recommend it. It is on a busy street but the hotel itself was quiet. Thick double glazed windows. Also it was air-conditioned which was great. It has a great location! The lobby is absolutely miniscule as is the elevator so be prepared for a tight squeeze. The room however was pretty good for Paris standards and the bathroom was really good-sized. They had a breakfast buffet in the cellar that I probably would skip if I went back. The bakery down the street was much, much better. Overall I would say this is a great hotel for the price and location. When we go back to Paris I would stay here again. Hope this helps.
Sorry I can't help with the others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 09:19 AM
elaine

Hi
This isn't a personal recommendation but I looked your hotels up in the reliable guide book Cheap Sleeps in Paris and found the St Christophe. The book mentioned that the rooms are pleasant, the bathrooms good (tubs OR showers, by the way, apparently not both)and the staff very friendly. It has an elevator, hairdryers in the rooms.
Nearest metro stop is Monge. The location is good, not outstanding in my opinion (too far south and east for me) but not bad.

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 12:11 PM
Maira

I have seen several postings regarding St. Chritophe. Those include mines (I have posted 3-4 times on St. Christophe already). Do a search. I have nothing new to add.

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 01:07 PM
elaine

stephanie concerning the St Christophe
There was a positive posting from included in Paris Areas to Stay in (June 5) and one with the St Christophe in the title May 8 with a less favorable comment.
It might be worth doing a Search here on all your hotels

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 04:00 AM
topper

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 07:42 AM
Stephanie

Thank you all for trying to help me.
Thank yo Maira and Sheryl for giving me more insight on the hotels you stayed in.

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 09:56 AM
Lori

I stayed at the Residence St. Christophe in 1998. It was a small clean hotel in a good area. Staff was friendly and helpful. Nearest metro was Rue Monge, walking distance to Notre Dame. Rooms very small, but thats normal.

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 04:11 PM
Christina

You must be doing something wrong, misspelling or not using the search tool correctly. as there are seven comments on the St Paul le Marais and 9 comments on the St Christophe on www.hotelboulevard.com. You cannot be too specific when using search engines espec. when there may be differences in spellings and abbrevications of words like Saint, etc. For example, you may not get a match typing in "Hotel Residence Saint Christophe" but you will if you just type in christophe. All you have to do is type in "marais" and you get the other one.

Old Sep 7th, 2000, 05:36 PM
Stephanie

Dear Christina:
You know, I though about that and went back to revise my search. Maybe you saw, the Marais did not have great reviews and St. Christophe seems to be away from the action. The two hotels that i think will be my best bet - 1)Hotel La tour Notre Dame 2) Hotel france Louvre - really don't have any posts so it seems I'm out of luck.
Thank you for trying to help though!