ever heard of these inns/hotels?

Apr 7th, 2002, 09:39 AM
dora

ever heard of these inns/hotels?

we've been recommended these places to stay on our trip this summer, yet having trouble finding anyone who's actually stayed here...anyone out there? They are: Venice, Savoia en Jolanda, rate of 310/nite (sounds high?); Villa LaRondini outside of Florence, 177/nite; and Villa Garden in Sienna, 210/nite inc. breakfast. Also, Locanda Dell'Amorosa was highly recommeded by another friend. We were looking for 4 stars, under 220/night. Location and ambiance(especially in Tuscany) a priority. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Apr 7th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Wayne

I would think the Savoia e Jolanda would have lower rates if you ask again. They must have quoted you a rate for their best room---or maybe it's the only one available. Even in high season, they have generally been running about $250 for their best double.

Apr 7th, 2002, 10:02 AM
dora

thanks...i just asked you this same ? as a post to another question on the site. do you know their email or website? the site i found them on didn't have a completed site. my travel agent is the one who recommended them and who naturally quoted me the rate. No wonder she says she gets great "upgrades".

Apr 7th, 2002, 10:05 AM
dora

wayne,my request was for the webite to Savoia & Jolanda. in reading over my message, that didnt sound to clear.

Apr 7th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Cathy

dora maybe YOU should be clearer to your TA about your requirements

Apr 7th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Wayne

Dora--I've never even looked for a website. If you have a fax, or a computer with fax capability, you can send them a fax at 011-39-041-520-7494. Or you can call them at 011-39-041-520-6644. When I don't have an e-mail address for a hotel in Europe, I usually send them a fax using the fax function of my computer; but I always tell them very clearly to reply to me via e-mail or ordinary mail because I can't have my computer sitting on hold waiting for a fax for hours or days. If you have a separate full-time line for your computer, you won't have that problem. At any rate, try this; it always works for me. And in every case when I send a fax, the hotel replies by e-mail, which then gives me their e-mail address for future reference.

Apr 7th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Harriette

Their website is www.hotelsavoiajolanda.com. You can email them at [email protected]
I just got a quote from them at over 400Euros for the end of May. their prices have been upped because they renovated and are now considered 4 stars. My friend stayed there in Oct and loved it and the locale but i booked the more affordable 3* Monte Carlo hotel at $219 pernite AARP rate

Apr 8th, 2002, 01:19 AM
Joelle

I just received an avertising letter from the hotel Savoia and Jolanda in Venice. They say they have been renovated and prices are up... Their annex, Villa Igea,located in Campo San Zaccharia is cheaper.

Apr 10th, 2002, 03:11 PM
dora

thanks joel, that explains the price difference. i appreciate your reply.

Apr 10th, 2002, 03:12 PM
dora

sorry, i meant joelle, and harriet, too!

Apr 11th, 2002, 12:06 PM
tricia

Hi, I just stayed in an apartment for $180 a night that had 2 bedrms and 2 bathrms and was very nice, clean and in a super location of Venice.
I stayed with Venicerentals.com. You can phone them at 011-39-041-276-9798 or write them at [email protected]
The apartment I got was on special and regularly $250 a night, give them a try, they were very professional and knowledgable and best of all spoke English!