Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Ever get lucky on your vacation? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/ever-get-lucky-on-your-vacation-484184/)

fluffykitty Nov 3rd, 2004 07:13 PM

Ever get lucky on your vacation?

Anyone here ever find themselves in the midst of an unplanned romp with a local or fellow tourist? I never had this happen but almost in Negril with a very sexy woman who was selling crafts at a crafts fair, of all places. We were talking, with no-one else around and there was an unusual and obvious strong mutual sexual attraction. She propositioned me, but I had to leave the next morning and did not want to get in trouble in any way. It would have been super-hot had I partaken. Wow...

kswl Nov 3rd, 2004 07:22 PM

Hmmm. . . does this sound to anyone else like a fishing line?

Garfield Nov 3rd, 2004 09:25 PM

It wouldn't be a troll, would it?

SeaUrchin Nov 3rd, 2004 09:35 PM

I consider myself lucky every time I go on vacation to Europe.....

m_kingdom2 Nov 3rd, 2004 11:03 PM

My dear, you might have more luck if you stop being a "fluffy kitty", but really this isn't amusing.

A "fluffy kitty" isn't a male thing, so you want a woman? Don't reply to that dear, just wander off.

TopMan Nov 4th, 2004 12:50 AM

Are you from the United States??? The land where calling yourself "lucky" if you have any sort of sexual activity OUTSIDE the sanctimony of marriage is, by popular vote apparently, an absolute SIN?????

That woman was definitely "selling crafts" and when you apparently didn't go for the carved mahogany trinkets she decided to sell you something else. Sounds as if you were "cheap" about the trinkets...ALL of them!

hansikday Nov 4th, 2004 02:03 AM

Your first post here and you resort to this topic? I have a feeling you have not been lucky enough to travel.

Don't your men's magazines come in at the first of the month?

SuzieC Nov 4th, 2004 04:57 AM

Why assume Fluffy is a man?

degas Nov 4th, 2004 05:13 AM

Fluffy, your poor momma would be ashamed of you getting your creepy kicks in such a crass manner.

Eat some grits and try to get out of the house more often.

Scarlett Nov 4th, 2004 05:20 AM

Oooh la la, while in Paris one year, we saw a fluffykitty and some mangy ole alley cat having an unplanned romp in the street! It was interesting to see that even in Paris, kitties do things exactly the way they do them in the US. But I must say- all that wailing and howling just made the man in the cafe next door throw water at them, so I would advise you to keep your romping off Fodors and out of sight. ((@))

robbiegirl Nov 4th, 2004 07:14 AM

I got lucky while on vacation to Rome, Florence and Venice...with a very sexy man whom I had this wonderful attraction. I just could not get enough of him. something about being away does this to you. thank goodness I hear from him...everyday..and sleep next to him everynight. My husband.

BeachBoi Nov 4th, 2004 07:19 AM

Always, and often, wherever I go.

ira Nov 4th, 2004 07:21 AM

>Anyone here ever find themselves in the midst of an unplanned romp ...<

No. I plan my itinerary very carefully. All romps are scheduled for specific dates and places.

hansikday Nov 4th, 2004 07:57 AM

ira, they have new medication now that gives you a wider window of opportunity so to speak. Or at least thats what I've been told by others.

dan_woodlief Nov 4th, 2004 08:37 AM

No. My wife is always too tired from all the walking. : )

ira Nov 4th, 2004 09:27 AM

Hansik,

I don't need medication.

It's a matter of careful trip planning.

P_M Nov 4th, 2004 09:45 AM

Fluffkitty, you story is amusing, but I'm sure you can find another board where they speak of things that interest you. I have a feeling we won't see you on this board again, so I bid you "So long." (no pun intended) :-)

PamSF Nov 4th, 2004 10:17 AM

Simply this. The romps with my SO of nearly 20 years come as great surprises. That and finding our you still really love one another can be the greatest reward of a vacation.

Other than that, little kitten. You will suffer a Fodor's freeze soon enough. I might also add..the memory of what might have been is probably better than what really happened. It's a human thing:)

lwinokur Nov 4th, 2004 10:37 AM

Man! I didn't know you guys were all such prudes! It's all in the name of fun, and had everyone answered accordingly it could have been interesting. So...yes, I met a beautiful Italian man while vacationing in Croatia in August of '03, we had our thing, and have been together ever since. It's part of a true European experience, as long as you're safe and don't do anything stupid of course. I say, if it feels right, go ahead, get a true taste of the culture. eh eh

hansikday Nov 4th, 2004 11:11 AM

When does he get his green card?