Reload this Page >

Ever been to Rome in February?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2000, 07:32 AM
Maira

My sister & I are doing a sister-thing and Rome it is! After some back & forth, it appears February is our best bet. Any comments about that? Thanks for any help/comments you could share.

Old Sep 3rd, 2000, 08:10 AM
Kavey

Hi Maira <BR> <BR>We visited Rome for a long weekend in Feb 1999. <BR> <BR>Apart from one rainy day it was fine. It was chilly but not freezing, and everything is still open. <BR> <BR>Kavey

Old Sep 3rd, 2000, 08:36 AM
Maira

Thanks, Kavey! you have eased my mind as far as the weather been a real deterrent to sightseeing.

Old Sep 3rd, 2000, 08:49 AM
Walter

I have been in Rome twice in mid-Feb, 11 days in '96 and 4 days in '98. I had no rain and mostly sunny skies and temp during the day was between 50-60F and nights low 40's. <BR>Alittle chilly in the morning when your 1st leave the hotel but once the Sun warmed-up the city the days were great. I don't recall any wind too speak of either. HTH Regards, Walter <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 9th, 2000, 09:32 PM
Bob

As said, the weather is fine - what I would consider nice spring weather. It can cool off at nights. Just watch for the gypsies - Rome is well-known for pickpockets!

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 06:00 AM
Dawn

Hi Maira - <BR>I was in Rome in February in 94' and it was one of the coldest winters they had ever had. I was there a few days before Carnivale in Venice, and it was actually colder in Rome than Venice. Be prepared for a NYC winter day, not as cold as upstate NY, and you might get lucky.