evas'a rooms in the spanish steps

Dec 7th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

evas'a rooms in the spanish steps

Hello,
I would like to know if anyone has stayed at the bed & breakfast eva's rooms near the spanish steps. I am wondering if this is a good and safe area to stay I don't want to spend a lot of money on fancy hotels however I am going with my family including my older parents and don't want to make a bad choice on accomodations, it was recommended by some one I know.
I will appreciate your opinion.

thanks
Dec 7th, 2005, 05:31 PM

did you see if it is listed on tripadvisor.com?
Dec 7th, 2005, 06:06 PM

I don't know anything about the particular hotel(B&B) you listed but the area is certianly is safe and one of the best in Rome.
Dec 7th, 2005, 11:49 PM

Hi

Yes the location is excellent for sightseeing. Some argue this zone is quintessential Rome but for me I love all of it! I haven't stayed at this B&B but for 150E a double with ensuite I think it's a fair price for this location.

Hope this helps
Dec 8th, 2005, 04:53 AM

The Spanish Steps have been known, to those who bothered to find out, as a congrational place for every conceivable type of person for eons. Sex, drugs, kids hanging out, Tennessee Williams incorporating them into his usual "lonely woman meets hot stud" Mrs Stone semi-autobiography, etc., etc.

Are they safe? I think they are and denying the stuff that sometimes transpires there, often at night, does NOT change them.

I'm not sure the Spanish Stairs (as some of the Romans prefer to call them) are any more symbolic of Rome than many other parts of the city, but they do make a good area to base oneself for walking, eating a "big Mac" (oh, I am CERTAIN ou would NEVER consider doing so), getting the Metro, oing to the tea room...what's not to like?

Go for it.