Search

Eva's Room B&B

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eva's Room B&B

Has anyone stayed at Eva's Rooms B&B? I found this bed and breakfast on italyby.com.

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 11:33 AM

Hi there, are these Eva's Rooms in Vernazza? If so, we stayed there in July. Post if this is what you are asking about.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 11:42 AM

Hi Christimarie. I just saw your other postings. We are going to Italy next week and I have done tons of research. In Florence (if you have not already booked someplace) we have booked into Res. Johlea http://www.johanna.it/
You can find it on that website. It looks great and the guidebooks raved about it. For a single room, its about E80 a night which seems to be what you were looking for. Aine If it was Vernazza about Eva's Rooms I have some info on that for you. Cheers, Aine
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, forgot to say the b&b is in Rome. The address is Via dei Due Macelli, 31, Roma, 00187
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 11:09 PM

I would love to know anything you can tell me about Eva's Rooms in VERNAZZA. Thanks!
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 01:20 AM

We dont recommend Eva's in Anacapri !
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 12:15 PM

EVANGELISTA MASSIMO ?EVA?S ROOMS?
Via Roma, 66 - 19018 Vernazza (SP)
Tel. 0187/821134 - Fax 0187/812956 - E-mail: [email protected]

Hi n king. We stayed here after stumbling upon the village one summer afternoon and we were desperate to stay because the village was so charming. We searched and asked until we almost gave up but then we found Evas Rooms. Nothing fancy, but I was expecting a lot less. It was E50 for a double room for the night, with a little shower bathroom ensuite. Last year we stayed in Gianni Franzi's which was much nicer - however, there are about 100 steps to climb to that one. I think the website for that is www.giannifranzi.it - those rooms cost $90 a night for three people (2 adults and a child).

Good luck. A
Old Jul 23rd, 2004, 04:39 PM

Aine:

Did you stay at Res. Johlea? Can you tell me more about it?

I can't figure out what they are. I first thought they were rooms in someone's home, but some websites describe their having a "reception desk and helpful friendly staff". We are two ladies who would prefer separate rooms, but price has been a concern. This may be the answer.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 06:40 AM

Hi JeanneB. Sorry for the delay, I was away for a bit. Johlea is just like that, rooms in a townhouse with a little reception. They are perfectly clean and nice but more on the functional side. They did not have screens on the windows (or A/C of course). Even in October it was pretty warm there. My only complaint was that we were eaten ALIVE by Mosquitoes - the staff were often not around and when I asked them to spray the room, they seemed not to understand. Their residence Johanna seemed a little nicer and thats just next door. Would I stay there again? Honestly, I wouldnt really. I am going again this October and I am trying the Tourist House Ghiberti

www.touristhouseghiberti.com

which got a lot of rave reviews everywhere I looked. For a single room they were asking $130 per night and for a double $150 in October including breakfast. Also, much better location to Johlea.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 07:46 AM

Thank you, Aine...very helpful. Scratch that one off!

It's so hard. Trying to get two singles gets very expensive, very fast. We are going in Feb, so I'm going to stop worrying about it and wait until January to make reservations. Hopefully, there will be some good winter specials by then.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:39 AM

Hi Jeanne - I was just looking on Karen Brown's online guide for something else and noticed a hotel in Florence she recommends called Mario's - they have doubles at $90 a night so may have a good price for single rooms. She is usually very good with her reviews. Have a look if you would like http://karenbrown.com/italyinns
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM

JeanneB:

Here's a message I posted on your thread "Rome Transport."

February is one of the few remaining "low season" months in Rome; I have found that these days most Roman hotels consider 1 March to 31 October "high season" -- as well as the Christmas/New Year's period.

I expect that there will be price changes for 2005 -- prices unfortunately tend to go up every year -- but most hotels post the dates and rates for high and low season. You could certainly start doing "research" on Rome hotels now and perhaps even try to book, in the hope that they will confirm the 2004 rates.

Also, I know that you and your friend wish to be in single rooms, but as someone who normally travels alone but once travelled and shared a double room with a friend, I know it can be done -- with a little bit of give-and-take on both sides. And the 60 Euros or so a day that you save will buy both of you a very good meal almost anywhere in Italy...

Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:05 PM

Eloise: She and I travelled to France a little over a year ago for 19 days. We shared most rooms on that trip and will probably mix it up again. We're just trying to decide in which cities to do double vs. single.

The dilemma is this: logic says do doubles in Rome/Florence/Siena where the rates are high. On the other hand, doubling up in the smaller cities could allow for a very nice hotel indeed.

So that's what we're juggling. We'll work it out, probably by doing doubles in the expensive areas. (Thanks, a very thoughtful post.)