Notices

Eurostar to Heathrow

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Sheila

Eurostar to Heathrow

We will be taking the Eurostar from Paris to London and need to get to Heathrow pretty quickly. What is our best choice?

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 08:39 PM
janis

Just how quickly? There is realy no fast way to get to LR from waterloo. The most direct would be a cab (very expensive) or a car service (less expensive) But it can still take an hour or more depending on the traffic. On weekend mornings or late at night it won't take as long.

All other routes will entail multiple modes and schlepping bags up and down stairs, escalators (cab to Paddington, train to LHR; tube Paddington, train)

Taking a cab to Paddington and then the LHR Express might seem a quicker alternative - but at the LHR end you'd have a very long walk.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 12:04 AM
Ben Haines

At Waterloo International arrivals side you can pick up a luggage trolley and take the lift up to the general station platform level and to the ticket office (or a ticket sales machine). Trains run every thirty minutes and take thirty minutes from Waterloo station to Feltham. From Feltham busses run every 15 minutes and take 20 minutes to the airport, next to terminals 1, 2 and 3, where you take a luggage trolley. If time allows, this is the transfer with only one flight of stairs and the shortest walks. The most the journey can take is two hours, but if you find an early train to Feltham it can drop to 70 minutes.

Please write if I can help further. Welcome to Europe.

Ben Haines, London

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 08:04 PM
topper

topping for shiloh

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 06:22 PM
xx

Topping for Marge.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:40 PM
lori

I was in the same situation last spring. I ended up taking the tube from waterloo to heathrow. I believe I had to change tube lines once, and with luggage it didnt seem like that big of a hassle. There werent too many stairs as I recall. I did take a while, but saved money by not taking a cavery expensive) or taking heathrow express from paddington. Everything is pretty much a hassle, but its part of the fun of traveling in europe! Good luck!