Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Eurostar London to Paris R/T for 2 people is 100# (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/eurostar-london-to-paris-r-t-for-2-people-is-100-a-438883/)

JJ625 Jun 4th, 2004 06:42 AM

Eurostar London to Paris R/T for 2 people is 100#

The Special Offers section on Eurostar.com shows a promotional offer for 100# for R/T travel (2 people). The offer is valid for bookings made between May 13 and June 30 for travel between May 27 and August 13. Reservations must be made at least 14 days in advance. Terms and conditions apply. It looks like the only way to book is by phone and you need to enter a password printed in the June edition of Glamour (British version).

Has anyone taken advantage of this special offer?

I'm not sure if this is for UK residents only. I can try to find a copy of the British Glamour magazine and see if I can purchase tickets at the special rate.

ira Jun 4th, 2004 07:21 AM

Hi JJ,

If you can't find the coupon, you can get RT advance liesure fares for 59GBP pp.

Chotzi Jun 4th, 2004 11:20 AM

Umm, I'm no expert here, but I paid 47 USD per person round trip. Thats almost half the cost of this offer. Wassup with that?

WillTravel Jun 4th, 2004 11:23 AM

Chotzi, how did you do that? Lots of people would like to know :).

ira Jun 4th, 2004 11:27 AM

Me too,

The best I see is 99 GBP RT.

Chotzi Jun 4th, 2004 11:34 AM

Wow! Either there was a mistake (in my favor for a change) or I got some weird deal. I just looked on their website and checked fares for 3 months out (thats how I purchased them) and I see the 47 USD for ONE WAY. I just checked my Visa bill and was charged a TOTAL of 141 USD for the 3 tickets I bought. But we did come back. Honest. I swear.

Chotzi Jun 4th, 2004 11:46 AM

Okay. I suffer from foot-in-mouth-disease. My tickets were correct but they were for same-day return leaving London at 5:30 in the morning and returning from Paris at 8ish that night. When I put that info in on their website I get the same rate. I'm going to slink away now...

WillTravel Jun 4th, 2004 11:48 AM

Chotzi, that's still helpful to know for people who either want a same-day return or those who throw away the return.

ira Jun 4th, 2004 11:59 AM

Hi chotzi,

Thanks for the info.

I did the the one day RT after choosing the UK as my country. I got 59 GBP.

Now it won't let me change my country.

Chotzi Jun 4th, 2004 12:08 PM

It did that to me too Ira. I deleted my Cookies and then I was able to get back to square one.

jand Jun 4th, 2004 12:15 PM

It happened to me too. So I have set Internet Explorer for the US website and NetScape for the UK website. That way I can check both prices side by side.

111op Jun 4th, 2004 12:18 PM

I frequently delete cookies to get default settings to refresh. The potential trouble with this method, though, is that you may have to log into websites that you've previously logged into (and clicked "remember my password"). So you may want to be sure that you're willing to customize settings for all websites that you use after you delete cookies.

skatterfly Jun 4th, 2004 01:10 PM

A while back Ira posted something about this and glad the question came back up. Have been wondering about it myself.

I'm waiting until the 60 day window opens up for my travels in mid/late September. I want to get the cheapest tickets I can, and I know they book up.

~k

spootiskerry Jun 7th, 2004 08:40 PM

I WANT to take advantage of this offer, so is there anyone out there who knows the password in the June Glamour? Please post it!

If there are better deals (for US citizen) I have a france rail pass and a 13-year-old traveling with me. There's got to be a better deal than the hundreds of pounds I've been seeing. We're somewhat flexible, so what day of the week is best? My son wants to see the Egyptian portion of the British Museum, and I didn't work this into our previous plans, so it looks like a day trip to london from paris and back. Any advice and DETAILS on how to get cheap chunnel tickets very helpful!