Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Eurostar London to Paris- Is First class worth it?

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 01:07 PM
Lele

Difference in fare is about $80 per person. What are the benefits? Thanks so much. LeLe

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 01:24 PM
Jim

My wife and I took the ES from London to Paris in August 2000 in the regular coach section. First class and coach all got there at the wame time. As I recall, only perk was breakfast and a table. We were perfectly happy with coach section, seats and legroom were excellent, and I am a big guy. We got up and walked to the restaurant car and had a coffee, juice and brioche. We would rather save the difference and spend it in Paris.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 03:19 PM
carol

we took the eurostar first class to paris a few years ago and it was delightful. we went around 11am and i remember that we had a lovely lunch served to us, complete with wine. i remember it being a very positive experience, so if you choose to go first class, i'm sure you will like it.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:45 PM
John

Lele:<BR><BR>Took the Eurostar from London to Paris last Easter Saturday. Started out coach, but about an hour into the trip, a nearby toilet started acting up and we were kindly transported to first class. First class was nice but for the difference in price, I'd go coach.<BR>John

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:27 PM
xxx

too funny. the toilets don't overflow in first class, but you're still happy with coach.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:41 AM
Suzy

Hey it's a 3-hour trip you can hold it for that long. For &pound;80, even round-trip, that had better be a really nice lunch!