Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Eurostar from London to Brussels for last night of trip
Notices

Eurostar from London to Brussels for last night of trip

Jan 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Eurostar from London to Brussels for last night of trip

I will be taking the Eurostar from London to Brussels for an early morning flight back to the US. I am getting confused on where the train station is in relation to the airport. Some travel resources say the station is in the airport terminal and others say Brussels Midi...which seems to be a different station. My goal is to arrive at the train station and then stay at a hotel close the airport for our morning flight. I plan on spending my day in London and getting into Brussels around 9pm.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
Jan 3rd, 2012, 09:19 PM

You will arrive at the Brussels-Midi station on Eurostar, which is is the centre(ish) of Brussels. If you want to go out to the airport from there, you can catch the airport train which leaves from the same station (as well as other in the city. There are usually around 4 trains per hour, the journey takes around 20mins and ticket offices are in the station. Trains run until around 11pm, but the ticket office closes around 10pm, there are ticket machines too. The station at the airport is called Brussel-Nat-Luchthaven and is under the main termial, so just follow the signs when you get there.
Jan 4th, 2012, 12:02 AM

Only the Sheraton is right at the airport, next to the terminal building.
All others with "airport hotel" in their name need careful examination of their actual location. Not always the most convenient locations to reach with public transport, and/or only connected to the airport by costly taxi rides or ( not generally free of charge) shuttle buses.
While the area around midi station is not my favorite in Brussels (or anyone's, I guess), for ease and simplicity of travel, it could be an alternative to overnight there and take the train next morning (unless you can/ want to afford the Sheraton).
Jan 4th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both so much for the info. So helpful. It looks like I can get a good rate at the Sheraton so I will go that route.

Search this Thread