Eurostar Fare - London to Paris

Jul 11th, 2000, 06:05 AM
Kate

Eurostar Fare - London to Paris

I went to the Eurostar website and priced the tickets to travel from London to Paris round trip. The "leisure" fare is $238 per person. Is this reasonable? How can I reduce the price? We are leaving London Sept. 4th and returning to Paris on Sept. 8th. I had thought that there were postings in which people said they paid around $150 round trip for the same trip. Thanks for your help!!!

Jul 11th, 2000, 07:11 AM
Carrie

You can get a weekday return for 69 and weekend return for 79 here in UK. First class 119 return.

Jul 11th, 2000, 09:15 AM
maryann hensinger

my family took the eurostar from london to paris in february for 69 pounds each. we were lucky to get that fare because we booked it only 4 days in advance while we were in london. you should be able to get a similar fare, especially because you are booking so far in advance. we did, however, go back and forth in one day, so i'm not sure if you can get such a cheap fare if you are staying longer.

Jul 11th, 2000, 03:25 PM
Marija

I'm trying to find a cheap Sunday fare from Paris to London. It can be either roundtrip on the same day or one way. I can't find a good rate on any web site. Any suggestions?

Jul 12th, 2000, 05:26 AM
Kate

I called Eurostar at 800 805 8210 and received a roundtrip fare of $158. I am either going to book the ticket through them in advance or wait until I get to London. In the Rick Steves London book he does say that the tickets are cheaper if purchased in London. However, I asked the Eurostar rep about this and she said that the fares are for UK residents only. So I am not sure what to do, may just book in advance instead of taking a risk and booking in London. I will post any new info that I find out.

Jul 12th, 2000, 05:45 AM
Beth Anderson

Hi Kate,

Sounds like you are traveling midweek - that is more expensive, because of all the business travelers. Definitely book well in advance - that should help with the price. If you can return on Saturday, try that - it should help a little too.

This is a silly question for you clicksters, but: given that the Euro is getting trounced, would it be cheaper to start/return to Paris? My guess is that the price quoted in Francs would not have changed, and since the Euro is going down - so would the price, right? (I know the pound is still holding relatively steady).

This would only work if you made your reservations through them directly, right? otherwise the price would be quoted in dollars & wouldn't change...