Our itinerary for the 5 of us will be Paris to Caen for a day trip, Paris to Nice; Nice to Florence (probably through Ventimiglia and Milan); finally Florence to Rome. We also may do 1-2 more day trips. I can get a six day France/Italy pass for $987CDN. I just tried to see what reservations would cost and it looks like about $70/leg; approx. $350-400 more. Now a couple don't "require" reservations but I don't know if I want to risk it as our schedule is somewhat fixed. We will be in France/Italy from May 20-June 5.
Do you think a rail pass is worth it? Can we just get tickets "as we go"? If I just book individual tickets do I still need a reservation?
Thanks for any info or advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 Driving
- 3 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 4 Family vacation
- 5 Dubrovnik
- 6 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 9 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas Markets 2017
- 14 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 15 Budget trip
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 18 Algarve Town Selection
- 19 Tips for first trip to UK
- 20 paris to london- day trip
- 21 Browsing Barcelona
- 22 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 23 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 24 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19