Interesting article on how many swarms of tourists Europe's top most famous art museums are attracting, creating tremendous mob scenes like in the photo in the article of the Louvre's Mona Lisa - where roped off throngs take selfies of themselves and the Mona Lisa - some indeed can't even see the actual photo but hold their camera high and snap a picture of it - as proof of 'having seen the Mona Lisa'!
Now most of the major museums mentioned now have time slots you can reserve or things like museum passes for the city can garner priority entrance, like at the Louvre with the Paris Carte des musees or in Amsterdam with the National Museum Pass, etc.
Anyway if visiting the most popular museums either book a time slot, get a pass that allows priority entrance or wait in LONG LONG lines to get in - see the line to get into the Louvre in this article (which also mentions the little used entrance in the southwest tip of one wing of the Louvre, where for years there has been a ticket booth with little or no lines usually IME.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 3 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 4 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 5 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 6 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 10 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 11 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 12 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 13 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 14 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 15 Barcelona to Malaga
- 16 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 17 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 18 Christmas week in Ireland
- 19 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 22 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 23 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 24 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery