I've been issus a european passport a year ago (I'm not living in Europe) . I've have entered with it to Austria no problem and on the way back in the airport the officer told me the scanner can't read the passport. I guess it bent a little bit since I put it in my internal belt to be more secure. Anyway, he let me out. When get back home I've put some books on it so it won't be bent anymore and went to the embassy who issued me the passport. They checked and said everything is ok with it. It seems they don't have a scanner for the chip and I think they scanned the barcode or only checking in the computer. So wil I have trouble trying to enter a european country next time? What might happen if the chip won't work?
How do they expect me to check it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 2 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 3 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 4 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 7 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 14 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 15 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 16 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 17 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Current plan for March trip
- 20 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 21 Spain in 2018
- 22 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 First time in Spain
- 25 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria