European Love Shack

Dec 27th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

European Love Shack

Have you ever fallen in love while traveling in Europe? How did it end up? It is still going on?
Dec 27th, 2003, 10:48 PM

Oh, yes, Calamari, I did. My girlfriend and I met two wonderful Italian men in Rome and we all fell into Italian Love, which may be a little different than our usual loves.
Italian Love with Americans is alot of fun and very energenic and emotional, sort of like a rollercoaster.
We all see each other when we visit there and have the best of times, when we meet again it is very natural and like we haven't been apart for months.
He meets me at the airport with flowers and we can't stop talking about what we have been up to, then when I leave there are tears and promises.
It is fun and I see Italy in a whole new light with him.

Oh, yes, I once fell in love in France too, but it was more formal and not as much fun, so it ended after a few letters (before email).
Dec 28th, 2003, 03:07 AM
ira

How sweet, Chardonnay.
Dec 28th, 2003, 07:37 AM
JonJon

Love and lust are totally different but each has its own rewards.

Dec 28th, 2003, 07:39 AM

"Love and lust are totally different but each has its own rewards."

And some unfortunately confuse the two!

Uncle Sam

Dec 28th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Chardonnay - That sounds like the movie "An Affair to Remember" Italian style! Happy to hear that Italy holds such a special place in your heart.

Haven't heard the word "lust"in a long, long time! Holiday lust can sometimes turn into a life time of love. I have the husband and 2.4 kids to prove it!!! Going on 20 YEARS!

Chardonnay, thanks for sharing that sweet story!!!
Dec 28th, 2003, 08:12 AM
ChatNoir

It is wise to know that Lust and Love are not the same

My God, these folks don't know how to love -- that's why they love so easily.

~ D. H. Lawrence ~

Dec 28th, 2003, 09:55 AM

How amusing, some of your reactions when Chardonnay shares a lovely part of her life.

I find Fodors much more interesting when people share parts of their lives with us, especially when travel related.

If you then judge the writer with your own opinions it takes the wind out of their sails.

Calamari posted this question to promote interesting posts and I have noticed before here that when a single person writes any love related story, dissenters come out with moral theories.

Chardonnay and Calamari keep on writing in your own ways, people like you keep Fodors interesting.
Dec 28th, 2003, 10:58 AM

"If you then judge the writer with your own opinions it takes the wind out of their sails."

Excuse me but isn't everyone on this board giving opinons.....including you?

Uncle Sam

Dec 28th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

GIving ones opinion is different then passing judgement...much like the difference between love and lust. Come on Uncle share a fun European love story with us...we know you must have one somewhere!
Dec 28th, 2003, 11:46 AM

My wife of 30 years and I fall in love again every time we go to Europe!

Uncle Sam
Dec 28th, 2003, 11:52 AM

Yes, passing judgement is a better way to put it, not opinions like I wrote.

Uncle Sam, I would call you sanctimonious but I dont know how to spell it.

You know next to nothing about Chardonnay or her "affairs" in Italy or here, so why jump to your conclusion, unless you know her personally.

If you are saying that she is mixing love and lust, what do you know about it that we don't?
Dec 28th, 2003, 12:08 PM

And what's wrong with a little lust in one's life?
Dec 28th, 2003, 12:33 PM

Well, what can I say?

Calamari asked and I answered, I didn't know I was in Sunday School or I would have fibbed a little.

The question was "fallen in love" not married to someone for 30 years, have some of you forgotten how it is to fall in love?

Dec 28th, 2003, 12:50 PM

Chardonnay - what a wonderful and romantic story. The best part is that you're still friends and he meets you at the airport with flowers - how warm and wonderful! We know YOU know how to fall in love.
Dec 28th, 2003, 01:15 PM

Adrienne, thanks, I was a little taken aback by Uncle Sam, so I came back to tell Calamari that I didn't mean her marriage, which sounds wonderful, but Uncle S's.

I guess some men just don't get it that single women can enjoy love and lust and great companionship outside of marriage and it is perfectly OK to do so.